2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

Every contract players are resetting the market for their position. In theory there are two guards doing this for every one center. 

I wonder if the guard:center discrepancy has accelerated over the last few years with the repeated push for market setting deals as a function of  frequency of new deals

19 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Every contract players are resetting the market for their position. In theory there are two guards doing this for every one center. 

I wonder if the guard:center discrepancy has accelerated over the last few years with the repeated push for market setting deals as a function of  frequency of new deals

I think this is definitely part of it.  Having half as many players looking to get paid (and bump the market) makes a significant difference.  I think it's also true that there are more guards like Jenkins who can slide to C than you have C who can flip to guard.

17 hours ago, Old Guy said:

We know New England and Cleveland are looking for WR help! 😂 Possibly Pittsburgh as well.

How about trading Dubose to NE for 6th rd pick.  Heath to Pittsburgh for 5th rd pick.

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

Creed Humphrey is also set to become a free agent. I wonder to what extent he will reset the market for Centers, either through a contract extension or free agency. 

2 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Survey says, "mostly true!" The linebacker from Cleveland, Jeremiah Owusa-Koramoah, just extended after year 3 of his rookie deal and did not reset the market by any stretch. His 3-year extension was for 13 a year average and was not in the top 5 LBs contract on a per year average. 

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

To me, the selection of Morgan points to Gute planning to extend one of the current OT's, but not both.  I don't expect GB to move on from Tom, which leaves Walker as the odd man out.  With the natural jump positional contracts take every year, I expect Tom's next contract to be over 20M AAV.  Extending Myers at ~8M AAV just makes more sense to me than extending Walker at roughly the same 20M+ AAV it's going to take to extend Tom.

My thoughts on this are 100% subject to change based on how the OL plays 2024.

I agree with 100% of this including the bottom line. 

If Walker developed into a top 5 LT, you have to keep him. The possibility of that happening are not great. 

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/here-s-what-happened-at-practice-15-of-packers-training-camp-01j59tffypmn

Sounds like King is getting a solid footing on nckl2. Morgan has lost his edge vs rhyan.

Myers with a finish vs slaton. Weekly Myers highlight from the boy.

I really want Morgan to focus on LT duties. Emergency guard if necessary to get us out of a game. Loving to hear about King and Myers. We are a + offensive line away from being damned near unstoppable on offense. 

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Survey says, "mostly true!" The linebacker from Cleveland, Jeremiah Owusa-Koramoah, just extended after year 3 of his rookie deal and did not reset the market by any stretch. His 3-year extension was for 13 a year average and was not in the top 5 LBs contract on a per year average. 

We are talking red chips here..

5 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

We are talking red chips here..

Pro-bowler...... 

You look at some of these guys at other positions being paid and tell me they are 'red chips.' 

This dude is one of the top linebackers in the league. 

Edited by Old Guy