Bill Belichick to co-host draft on Pat McAfee's Podcast

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How was it?

I just re-watched the broadcast on YouTube (1.5 speed) and it was very solid. Bill hasn’t drafted well these last handful of years but he’s still the smartest football guy you’ll see on TV. He really lights up when you get him on screen talking football. 

Also recommend Stroud/Micah going back and forth on B/R. Stroud’s a smart, smart kid.

Edited by Soko

Enjoyed it, loved seeing Bill Belichick and how he meshed with Pat and the boys, he talked Mad Mel off the ledge after the Packers pick. Announced he would be a regular Monday guest in the fall on McAfee's show. The "Oz the mentalist" guy... he is a witch. It can't be legit, but I have no idea how he does it. 

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If AJ Hawk gets paid a $1 a word he won't be getting any money. I have watched a couple hours and he hasn't said a word. 

Mad mel is funny for a bit. 

Pat is great 

Bill is the star.

Reminds me of this article

Everyone seemed to think he should increase his speaking role. As one X/Twitter user noted, “I’ve seen an hour’s worth of clips from this show and I’ve never seen A.J. Hawk talk once. He always looks like the news reporter that’s just waiting to hear that they’ve gone live.”

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/aj-hawk-criticized-twitter-pat-mcafee-show-controversy.html

Edited by Dan33185

AJ is pretty great on the show. He doesn't speak often but makes it count when he does. I'm not sure how anyone actually hates Connor or Ty Schmit. Darius Butler is also pretty great.

Connor, Schmit and Hawk are all the best kind of scumbags.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

AJ is pretty great on the show. He doesn't speak often but makes it count when he does. I'm not sure how anyone actually hates Connor or Ty Schmit. Darius Butler is also pretty great.

Connor, Schmit and Hawk are all the best kind of scumbags.

I would describe watching the Pat McAfee show as watching a bunch of frat boys who never grew up. 

I can handle it in small doses but I could never watch it every day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I would describe watching the Pat McAfee show as watching a bunch of frat boys who never grew up. 

I can handle it in small doses but I could never watch it every day.

I like it at first but I’ve grown tired of Pat. I don’t find him entertaining nor knowledgeable about what he talks about. Gotta have at least one or the other. Def a guy I’d grab a beer with, but not my kind of podcast/show.

You can tell he’s harsh. He was happy talking about negatives in great detail, like a completed pass that ended up in a first down that “should have been dirted, you can’t throw that”. He’s a perfectionist.

But he’s forgotten more about football than any of us have ever known 

Bill was awesome. Every time I see him on TV he's very interesting and likeable. He probably gonna do more TV spots all season to erase this negative perception some people have on him. He'll most likely be a Head Coach in 2025.

15 hours ago, raidersedge said:

Bill was awesome. Every time I see him on TV he's very interesting and likeable. He probably gonna do more TV spots all season to erase this negative perception some people have on him. He'll most likely be a Head Coach in 2025.

I mean the only reason he's not HC right now is Kraft buried him repeatedly. Although there probably is a lot of truth to what Kraft says, I do think Bill has quite the ego. But he does deserve another chance, he likely will be a HC in 2025.