Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

GettyImages-1993107376.jpg?w=1000&h=563&

01hmvwac9h9jcj8eemf3.jpg

Texans' 2024 draft picks (For now 😂)
Round 2: No. 42 overall (from Minnesota)

Round 2: No. 59

Round 3: No. 86 (from Philadelphia)

Round 4: No. 123 (from Cleveland)

Round 4: No. 127

Round 6: No. 188 (from Las Vegas through New England and Minnesota)

Round 6: No. 189 (from Buffalo through Denver and Los Angeles Rams)

Round 7: No. 238 (from New Orleans)

Round 7: No. 247

The draft has finally arrived! Our Texans come into this draft doing a complete 180 over the last 365 days. Through Meco's leadership, Caserio's wheelin and dealings, and Cal and Hannah's reshaping, we have become a revived franchise. We even have a new (fantastic) look! Caserio has already made a couple of big move trading out of the 1st, and then acquiring Stefon Diggs, but we know he likes to move about in the draft. Will he trade back into the 1st, or up higher in the 2nd? We're firmly in the best shape we've ever been in roster wise, and can feasibly go BPA outside from QB. Whatever we do, the next 3 days will be integral to taking advantage of this 2-3 window where CJ's contract is cheap. The right moves this weekend can solidify us a Super Bowl contenders! 

As always, @Texansfan713 will create separate threads for each pick after they are made. Please no spoilers in here prior to the pick being announced! 

• Like 2

https://theathletic.com/5440564/2024/04/24/nfl-draft-rumors-news-latest/

• The Texans aren’t on the clock until the second round, but I wouldn’t put it past Nick Caserio to trade into the first round Thursday night. I’m expecting Houston to at least try, just based on Caserio’s history. He traded eight times last year and seven times in 2022. We’ll see if he starts calling Thursday.

I think Caserio will make some trades (it wouldnt be a Caserio draft if he didn't didnt. Duh!).  I highly doubt it will be a trade up in round 1 but I can see one of the 2nds being traded back to acquire another pick or two.  Then he will start trading up on day 3.  

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I wonder what it could take to move into round 1. We have become win now mode, so i wonder if we would consider parting with next years 1st rounder. 

I mean we traded out of the first already for a reason. There would have to be someone who significantly drops with no hidden reason we don't know about (medical or off field). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Am I the only one who thinks this years QB is not as good as people think it is?

It's a good class.  I actually wouldn't be shocked if someone outside of Williams, Daniels, Maye, Penix, McCarthy and Nix end up being a real good starting QB down the line. 

Edited by Texansfan713

40 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Honestly number 1 on my wish list is Edgerrin Cooper. I think he’s a 3 down guy that gives us a legit 3rd option 

At 42 my targets are him, and Braden Fiske.  I think we can afford to gamble on Payton Wilson since we have two second round picks. 

• Like 1

Dumping everything I've heard into this post for funsies. Since we have no day 1 pick (as of now), I'm drastically less confident than last season with these rumors. Take them for what they're worth, but I'd rather share than keep it to myself. I'll probably know more by tomorrow/Saturday. 

• Expect Nick to move around this draft and not stay put. No word on if we're for sure moving back into day 1, but I wouldn't rule it out at all. 
  • Will Shipley and Cade Stover are the two names I'd place the most confidence in being Texans by the end of the weekend. 
  • I'd place money on DT being our first pick with CB not far behind. I know we really like Maason Smith. I've heard Kris Jenkins and Michael Hall mentioned too. I know we also like Rakestraw at CB. 
  • I don't think we'd rule out taking a WR, especially if Xavier Legetter fell to us. However, rumor is he's a lock to Carolina at #33 unless someone trades ahead of them. 
  • Like 3