Playoff Picture

RamRod

Well it's safe to say we will get someone from the NFC South in round 1. I would prefer to stay away from Carolina. Our LB's will have trouble keeping up with Greg Olsen and McCafferey. Plus their defense can stop the run force us to be one dimensional. New Orleans we did beat, but something about playing them again scares me. I would love to draw Atlanta round 1.

13 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Well it's safe to say we will get someone from the NFC South in round 1. I would prefer to stay away from Carolina. Our LB's will have trouble keeping up with Greg Olsen and McCafferey. Plus their defense can stop the run force us to be one dimensional. New Orleans we did beat, but something about playing them again scares me. I would love to draw Atlanta round 1.

Who gets home field if we get Carolina? I might try and go to that game if it's in Charlotte, only about a three hour drive from me here in Virginia.

38 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I actually don’t mind playing Carolina. Last season when the Rams was bad the Panthers won by a FG. We beat up Cam and plus he isn’t a great passer so I could see a lot of miss opportunities for him throwing the football that will lead to punts and even turnovers. So yeah if the Rams play Carolina Id like that. Atlanta is a team I don’t want to face if they get in. 

Looking at our possible first round playoff match-ups, here is how I would rank them from most desirable to least;

1. Detroit Lions - Come on, its the Lions. Stafford will always lead a comeback attempt (and they probably backdoor cover) but this would be the best match-up for Round 1
  2. Atlanta Falcons - This team has been a mess all year, and they have not yet hit on all cylinders in the same game to this point. If they ever do, plus the Super Bowl experience, they would be scary, just hasnt happened.
  3. Seattle Seahawks - I dont ever like to play the same team for a 3rd time, and even with blowing them out last week, I still wouldnt like to see Russell Wilson line up across the field in a playoff game.
  4. Dallas Cowboys - Zeke, Tyron, Lee all back for them, it would be a scary looking team to go against. Especially for a payback game. And with the Home field disadvantage (way more Cowboy fans in LA that the other teams weve played) would be a really tough 1st round game.
  5. New Orleans Saints - You put those Corners back on the field and we are looking at a completely different game. I think we have a team that can still take them on, but this is a first round war that I just dont want to have to deal with.
  6. Carolina Panthers - I still think this is the best team going into the playoffs, if they could just get out of their own way. If Luke is healthy and leading the defense, and they figure out how to correctly use CMC, watch out. Cam just scares the Crap out of me.

And as jrry has pointed out, if the Vikings can win out with the Eagles losing out (a little help here Raiders?) we could be looking at a 2nd round in Philly against Nick Foles. So much still up in the air, lets hope for the best.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Looking at our possible first round playoff match-ups, here is how I would rank them from most desirable to least;

1. Detroit Lions - Come on, its the Lions. Stafford will always lead a comeback attempt (and they probably backdoor cover) but this would be the best match-up for Round 1
  2. Atlanta Falcons - This team has been a mess all year, and they have not yet hit on all cylinders in the same game to this point. If they ever do, plus the Super Bowl experience, they would be scary, just hasnt happened.
  3. Seattle Seahawks - I dont ever like to play the same team for a 3rd time, and even with blowing them out last week, I still wouldnt like to see Russell Wilson line up across the field in a playoff game.
  4. Dallas Cowboys - Zeke, Tyron, Lee all back for them, it would be a scary looking team to go against. Especially for a payback game. And with the Home field disadvantage (way more Cowboy fans in LA that the other teams weve played) would be a really tough 1st round game.
  5. New Orleans Saints - You put those Corners back on the field and we are looking at a completely different game. I think we have a team that can still take them on, but this is a first round war that I just dont want to have to deal with.
  6. Carolina Panthers - I still think this is the best team going into the playoffs, if they could just get out of their own way. If Luke is healthy and leading the defense, and they figure out how to correctly use CMC, watch out. Cam just scares the Crap out of me.

And as jrry has pointed out, if the Vikings can win out with the Eagles losing out (a little help here Raiders?) we could be looking at a 2nd round in Philly against Nick Foles. So much still up in the air, lets hope for the best.

I would probably agree with this, I might switch the Seahawks and Falcons. I think Carolina and Minny scare me the most in the NFC. 

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Carolina doesn't scare me like Minny or NO.

NOLA can be beat if we can slow down the run. It will be a different game with both their corners back, but I'm not worried.

The players are chomping at the bit to get Minnesota in the playoffs. They kept making mention of it in post game interviews. Only thing that would scare me is the noise. But I want Minn again, we will not lose to them 2 times.

Carolina scare the hell out of me. Superbowl QB, Defense, and a RB/TE combo that we can't cover either with our LB's. No thank you

On 12/21/2017 at 6:56 AM, BStanRamFan said:

NOLA can be beat if we can slow down the run. It will be a different game with both their corners back, but I'm not worried.

The players are chomping at the bit to get Minnesota in the playoffs. They kept making mention of it in post game interviews. Only thing that would scare me is the noise. But I want Minn again, we will not lose to them 2 times.

Carolina scare the hell out of me. Superbowl QB, Defense, and a RB/TE combo that we can't cover either with our LB's. No thank you

Carolina doesn't worry me that much. Their pass defense has been very vulnerable this year. They're blitzing a ton, and McVay feasts on blitzes. Cam is an incredible athlete, but we play mobile QBs well, and Cam can get rattled when you pressure him. Carolina's WR corp is pretty suspect. Wade will generally have Tru shadow the other team's best pass-catcher. That could mean we see Tru on Greg Olsen. Moreover, Carolina's running game has been very hit and miss this year, and we have a lot of speed at LB to matchup with their HBs.

I like our chances against them. NO will be tougher. They can really run the ball.

Archived