2024: Around the NFL

Forge

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

1.5 sacks for Taylor. 

4th round shadow draft! Never wrong, just early!!

He was sooo good two years ago, and then not so good last year and his pre draft performance was downright putrid.

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

1.5 sacks for Taylor. 

He was sooo good two years ago, and then not so good last year and his pre draft performance was downright putrid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

he's so bad lol

to think, there were some "journalists" saying he was better than Darnold and even DESERVED to compete for the #1 QB...just smh.  We deserve better.

What’s even crazier is, Kyle/John were thankful that Purdy became the guy because I would have to imagine they would be on hot seats or already gone. 

• Like 1

Kyle Shanahan must have been feeling ultra confident that he could turn Trey Lance into a megastar QB in the NFL with as little EXP Trey had coming out of college. If it wasn't for Brock becoming a crazy surprise in the 7th the entire regime is probably fired by now. I know plucking a QB even at the top of the draft is a random gamble. However, swinging for the fences on this much "potential", and having it fail this badly has nuked any enthusiasm I have moving forward on Kyle's intuition for what his ideal QB is. Honestly think he got tunnel vision on trying to find the next Josh Allen.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

3 hours ago, Forge said:

1.5 sacks for Taylor. 

Honestly thought he’d go in the second or third based on his ceiling. I also don’t regret taking him in the shadow draft. It would have been so awesome if we could have signed him as an UDFA.

• Like 1

Trey's game was certainly a mixed baggage and huge failures down the stretch. But this was also the game where he threw the ball as well as he's ever thrown and showed more speed than he's ever shown. It's clear where he has weaknesses and where he has second thoughts/panic. Trey probably had 4-5 big time money throws but then would make horrendous decisions where he tried to force the ball. He just loses it when the initial read or two are not open and tries to force the ball into tight coverage. The second INT was just so bad because even if Jefferson did not pick it off, it was not going to be caught by the receiver. Up until he gets to the RZ, he looks really solid but when the field tighten up, he struggles. The best throw he had was the deep ball when he was taking a hit. Just a perfect pass that not many QBs would be able to make and the WR dropped it. Not the easiest catch in the world but one that should have been caught.

I bet more teams around the league saw more promise in this game than any other that Trey has ever played, despite the 5 INTs. If the Cowboy would cut him (doubt it), he would get picked up in waivers. 

• Like 2

WR seems easy to replace, but Van Jefferson and Dyami Brown are the guys starting instead of Aiyuk for Pitt/Wash. There's a reason teams are willing to trade capital plus the contract 

• Like 1

Count me as one who believes Aiyuk was waiting for this to drop. 

Getting more jaded over this dude as the minutes tick by...once upon a time, he was my favorite WR. Looking something like a glorified extortionist the more this goes on. 

For those of you who say "Go get that money, Brandon", I miss the days of "I'll take a little less so the team can win". Aiyuk seems to want a little more and a little more and a little more and.....sigh. 

• Like 1

Was so high on him as a talent, but the injuries were always a concern, especially when he was at raw as he was

Don't draft kickers in middle rounds

Nice add for Detroit. I think they are my NFC pick for the super bowl. I think we have reached a point with them that if they fall short of at least making it, it's a disappointment