2024: Around the NFL

Forge

12 hours ago, Forge said:

He wanted a no franchise tag and he wanted his contract to be paid to his LLC because IL does not have state corporate taxes

Wow, never seen a rookie act like this, just be prepared for Deion’s kid, Shadeur next year when he gets drafted, I can see him dictating where he ends up getting drafted.

11 hours ago, 49erscap said:

Wow, never seen a rookie act like this, just be prepared for Deion’s kid, Shadeur next year when he gets drafted, I can see him dictating where he ends up getting drafted.

I think he’s already come out and said he’s going to lol including where Hunter goes.

18 hours ago, 49erscap said:

What is wrong with that? While I dont love the idea of multi-millionaires dodging taxes, I don't think it is a character flaw that would impact his ability to be a leader or a good QB. It is irrelevant imo. Just a legal team trying to get creative to let him keep more of his money. 

Shadeur is a different story. That kid is definitely going to be a problem. 

This sucks but early in camp is what I always worry about the most with these players going too hard when their bodies aren't quite ready for that. Not saying that is what happened here but a lot of these injuries early on take place because of that...and of course the players just not being in the best shape. 

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Implying that Love gets his deal today? Makes sense.

Aiyuk to follow? 

MM reiterated today I think that they aren't close and he isn't sure that it happens. 

*edit* 

sorry, it was yesterday 

Personally, don't think there's any way in hell that Aiyuk gets done before Trent. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Tua - 4 / 212m

Word is Jordan Love will be made the highest paid QB in the league in terms of AAV.. and then Dak could break it, getting 60M+. From Russini/The Athletic.

Purdy's deal will be massive 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Forge said:

MM reiterated today I think that they aren't close and he isn't sure that it happens. 

*edit* 

sorry, it was yesterday 

Personally, don't think there's any way in hell that Aiyuk gets done before Trent. 

Trent should be easy.  Guarantee that man his money.  

I am not sure about Aiyuk at this time.

I am glad I don't have to decide whether to make Jordan Love the highest paid QB in the league.  I wouldn't pay it.

• Like 2