2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

I didn't know that the Niners had signed Maliek Collins.

I was kinda hoping that maybe there was a trade fit with them and Jonathan Allen to get an Aiyuk deal done, given that they'd lost Buckner. But Collins probably takes them out of the market for a big money instant-impact DT.

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, he's very good. His hands are incredible and his explosion is crazy but its just a weird pick when you have so much committed. 

It’s a weird pick definitely. Just doing some armchair analysis. They really didn’t expect it to be an option. 

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

So when we deploy different looks with fresh diverse attacks and we dominate inside because it’s from creative packages and are constantly enforcing and changing the LOS you won’t think it makes sense? Interior pressure and impact is the most disruptive to offensive production down in and down out. Yes edges make splashes but interior pressure make waves

Our starting OT are Wylie and Lucas. Our starting corners are Forbes and BSJ. Our starting DT are Payne and Allen. Clearly we could've gone a different direction from DT and survived lol

Beebe to Dallas feels like one of those classic "obvious value that the Cowboys don't talk themselves out of and benefit from" picks. One of the benefits of being simpletons is that doing the obvious thing becomes a lot easier. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

It’s a weird pick definitely. Just doing some armchair analysis. They really didn’t expect it to be an option. 

I think he was just so much higher on their board than anyone else. Again, he was mocked in the 1st round in almost all mock drafts out there. I'm honestly fine with the pick, but I know and understand others frustrations.

Just now, e16bball said:

Beebe to Dallas feels like one of those classic "obvious value that the Cowboys don't talk themselves out of and benefit from" picks. One of the benefits of being simpletons is that doing the obvious thing becomes a lot easier. 

I mean, for all the crap Jerry gets he drafts a lot better than a ton of these GMs lol

Just now, lavar703 said:

Our starting OT are Wylie and Lucas. Our starting corners are Forbes and BSJ. Our starting DT are Payne and Allen. Clearly we could've gone a different direction from DT and survived lol

There’s not one complete roster and no team with the second overall pick and a complete FO and staff overhaul used their first draft anticipating competeing for a SB. We had the second pick. We could have picked every need position and we still aren’t a complete roster. But with 5 picks we’ve added 5 really really really amazing football players on tape and tell me the last time we did that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

cfa69b3f5b62730dcc89cb572ecbae39.gif 

• Like 1