The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

FIFY. No QB left worth taking. Stack talent, focus on 2025.

Exactly what I have been saying for months.  BPA all the way, I just didn't think it would be a TE after spending a 2nd on one last year...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You were saying the same thing about McCarthy after the combine lol 

I didn't say that I said he's worth a second round pick. He was always gonna get picked higher because he had the Mac Jones effect after winning the championship

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Which is exactly what the consensus on Mayer was last year when people said "Wtf?". 

Mayer was a "stud" day 1 faller who was too good to pass up. 

Now he's not good enough to pass on another TE for a year later? This type of pick is such a wonderful representation the hamster wheel of futility that this franchise continues to be. 

You're thinking to inside the box. 

Mayer is a TE. Brock can play slot, outside, backfield, etc. He's a compliment, not a replacement. 

Amazing how little this place knows about Brock. TE was so far off the radar, none of you seem to know what this kids game is about.

• Like 5

With Getsy, this may be the key to making his offense work. That man loves the TE position.  Minschew lacks a decent deep ball, so play to his strengths then with a dude who will dominate that intermediate part of the field.

Plus coming out in 2 TE formation puts a lot of stress on the defense as they have to bring up a different personnel grouping. However Bowers moves like a wr, makes it super hard to game plan for

Just now, big_palooka said:

You're thinking to inside the box. 

Mayer is a TE. Brock can play slot, outside, backfield, etc. He's a compliment, not a replacement. 

Amazing how little this place knows about Brock. TE was so far off the radar, none of you seem to know what this kids game is about.

Brock is a beast but now you just have to hope we will be willing to trade up in a worse QB class next year with Adams and Meyers possibly headed out lol

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Which is exactly what the consensus on Mayer was last year when people said "Wtf?". 

Mayer was a "stud" day 1 faller who was too good to pass up. 

Now he's not good enough to pass on another TE for a year later? This type of pick is such a wonderful representation the hamster wheel of futility that this franchise continues to be. 

Agreed.  Nothing against Bowers but the pick didn't make much sense unless Mayer is a bust.  No doubt Bowers is a much better prospect but damn.  

1 minute ago, 101Raider said:

With Getsy, this may be the key to making his offense work. That man loves the TE position.  Minschew lacks a decent deep ball, so play to his strengths then with a dude who will dominate that intermediate part of the field.

Plus coming out in 2 TE formation puts a lot of stress on the defense as they have to bring up a different personnel grouping. However Bowers moves like a wr, makes it super hard to game plan for

yeah this is a pretty good point. Replaced of the strength of the QBs that are currently on the team. Although I do think Aiden O'Connell can throw he's just a statue

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

You can use them together 

Luke Getsy got TEs not named Cole Kmet a grand total of 8 catches the last 2 years in Chicago. 

In Green Bay, the numbers were hardly better. 

Everyone yapping about using them in tandem a'la Gronk and Hernandez are just trying to justify being fanboys. Literally nothing about the makeup of this team from the OC to the QB to what the HC says he wants the identity of the offense to be says that's likely. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

If Bowers isn’t eventually an All Pro / top 5 TE then it’s a meh pick. If he becomes that, then obviously it’s a good pick. 

Simple, but the truth. 

I believe in his talent 100%. With Getsy, I’m dang certain he’ll be prioritized too. I’d bet on him being an elite TE 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If Bowers isn’t eventually an All Pro / top 5 TE then it’s a meh pick. If he becomes that, then obviously it’s a good pick. 

HOFer.  With all the other talent on the board he better be a HOFer with a 2nd round TE from last year on the roster.  A TE that many on here loved as a prospect.  What can we expect from Mayer next year, 25 receptions?