The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I learned today that BPA = luxury pick. 

Team has blown picks on need for years. Make a great pick, it's a luxury.... can't make this stuff up.

Ok, let's take the BPA every single pick, regardless of position. Let's draft nothing but TEs if that's how it plays out. 

It's that simple, no?

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm not totally surprised people aren't head over heels about the Bowers pick tbh.

I myself am a fan and think it's pure BPA. However TE is not a premium position and we already had a capable starter in Mayer, whereas I think we have the worst RG/RT tandem in the entire NFL. 

Just playing devils advocate.

Its hard going into so late into the offseason (past most of free agency, post first round, probably post most of the draft) and we're going to have a plethora of holes remaining. 

• Like 1

The thing about it, there’s still 6 picks to be made and FAs available. So add talent where you can and fill holes when you get there. 

we added two blue chips to this team so far this offseason

i cant remember the last time I was so pumped about a Raiders pick 

• Like 2

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Shoot I would take Powers Johnson in the second round personally if he gets to us. 

Him, Frazier, or Haynes would build us more of a bully. 

Would people be upset with Fiske? I wouldn’t hate CB/OL/DL at this point.  Doubt Newton makes it to us but Fiske is a dude on the inside. 

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Him, Frazier, or Haynes would build us more of a bully. 

Would people be upset with Fiske? I wouldn’t hate CB/OL/DL at this point.  Doubt Newton makes it to us but Fiske is a dude on the inside. 

right because of that point I'm cool to roll with Mumford if you have that kind of interior 

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

Its hard going into so late into the offseason (past most of free agency, post first round, probably post most of the draft) and we're going to have a plethora of holes remaining. 

This. 

We ignored needs in FA and the justification was that we had the draft. 

We then addressed arguably a bottom 3 need with the 13th pick, and likely rendered our 35th overall pick from last year redundant in the process. 

Can't just ignore need for BPA all the time. I was told Wilson was BPA last year and.he was dreadful. Mayer was supposedly BPA and we just replaced him. 

8 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I don't think so. Particularly at corner there are still plenty of options in this draft and if not there are some corners that I was saying that we should've signed that could come in and start. That's all assuming that Bennett doesn't randomly take a second year leap. I need a corner is not as dire as everyone thinks I don't even know honestly where that came from. 

Offensive tackle is more of a legitimate need. I'll give you that. But again this is a very good tackle draft where I think you can still get a solid right tackle in the second round.

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Talent>Need 

every year people talk about BPA, we take a top 5 talent at 13 and people lose their mind lol 

Youre right. Every year we wind up taking people everyone says was BPA and we continue to have the same problems. 

See: Tyree Wilson, Michael Mayer.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I don't think so. Particularly at corner there are still plenty of options in this draft and if not there are some corners that I was saying that we should've signed that could come in and start. That's all assuming that Bennett doesn't randomly take a second year leap. I need a corner is not as dire as everyone thinks I don't even know honestly where that came from. 

Offensive tackle is more of a legitimate need. I'll give you that. But again this is a very good tackle draft where I think you can still get a solid right tackle in the second round.

I’m hoping for a trade up for a tackle or taking the best one there in the second. I think that’s where the strength is of this draft and specifically this portion of it so far.