Duffman's Annual 1st Round Mock with Trades

Duff34man

Link to Google sheet. Easier to read First Round

Pick    NFL team    Player    Pos.    College    Notes        Reason
1    Chicago Bears    Caleb Williams    QB    USC    from Carolina[R1 - 1]        Best QB prospect
2    Washington Commanders   Jayden Daniels    QB    LSU            Kliff Kingsbury hire
3    Minnesota Vikings    Drake Maye    QB    UNC    from NE - Minnesota sends 11, 23, 2025 1st KOAC's guy. "Can fix foot work with coaching" "Flowers sent to Robert Craft"
4    Arizona Cardinals    Marvin Harrison Jr.     WR    Ohio State            Best player in the draft and they have planty of picks
5    Los Angeles Chargers    Joe Alt    OT    Notre Dame            Jim Harbaugh loves to build the treches and best OL
6    New York Giants    Malik Nabers    WR    LSU            BPA and same GM can't pick another QB
7    Tennessee Titans    Taliese Fuaga    OT    Oregon State            GM wants BPA and needs OL
8    Las Vegas Raiders    JJ McCarthy    QB    Michigan    From ATL - LV sends 13 and 44        Raiders want to get the most out of Davante Adams and contend
9    Chicago Bears    Dallas Turner    EDGE    Alabama            Rome tempting but pairing Turner with Sweat is too good
10    New York Jets    Rome Odunze    WR    Washington            Make Aaron Roders happy
11    New England Patriots    Olu Fashanu    OT    Penn State    from Minnesota        They know they need many pieces and would ruin Maye or JJ so trade down
12    New Orleans Saints    JC Latham    OT    Alabama    from Denver - Colts send 14 and 82        Mikey Loomis trades up like always to get his guy.
13    Atlanta Falcons    Jared Verse    EDGE    Florida State    From LV        BPA and a need
14    Denver Broncos    Quinyon Mitchell    CB    Toledo    From NO  Peyton has too many holes no 2nd rounder, get another 3rd by moving down 2 spots and take same guy
15    Indianapolis Colts    Brock Bowers    TE    Georgia            They might trade up to get their guy but he falls to them here
16    Seattle Seahawks    Troy Fautanu    OG    Washington            
17    Arizona Cardinals    Terrion Arnold    CB    Alabama    from Jags - for 27 and 66 (maybe a late pick swap also)        Monti loves to trade and needs top man press CB
18    Cincinnati Bengals    Byron Murphy    DL    Texas            DL but took Myles Murphy last year take biggest need good value
19    Los Angeles Rams    Laiatu Latu    EDGE    UCLA            Could fo DT or QB but if Latu's medicals came back this is a steal
20    Pittsburgh Steelers    Amarius Mims    OT    Georgia            
21    Miami Dolphins    Jer'Zhan Newton    DL    Illinois            
22    Buffalo Bills    Brian Thomas Jr.     WR    LSU    From Eagels - for 28 and 60        
23    New England Patriots    Cooper DeJean    DB    Iowa    from Minnesota via Cleveland and Houston[R1 - 2]        
24    Dallas Cowboys    Tyler Guyton    OT    Oklahoma            
25    Green Bay Packers    Graham Barton    IOL    Duke            
26    Tampa Bay Buccaneers    Chop Robinson    EDGE    Penn State            
27    Jacksonville Jaguars    Ennis Rakestraw    CB    Missouri    from AZ through Houston[R1 - 3]        
28    Philadelphia Eagles    Nate Wiggins    CB    Clemson    From Bills        
29    Detroit Lions    Kool-Aid McKinstry    CB    Alabama            
30    Baltimore Ravens    Zach Frazier    IOL    West Virginia            
31    San Francisco 49ers    Jordan Morgan    OT    Arizona            
32    Kansas City Chiefs    Adonai Mitchell    WR    Texas            

Edited by Duff34man
Add link

8    Las Vegas Raiders    JJ McCarthy    QB    Michigan    From ATL - LV sends 13 and 44        Raiders want to get the most out of Davante Adams and contend
13    Atlanta Falcons    Jared Verse    EDGE    Florida State    From LV        BPA and a need

I'm in. This is good.

Good trade and pick for the Falcons i ofcourse think Latu and Turner are much better fits for our team than Verse.  But as a FSU i still love Verse and wouldn't crap on the pick.  I just know Verse will struggle a good bit in coverage which Rah loves to do with his edges.  He will be fine when rushing the passer and run defense but struggle in the other part of the game.  Latu and Verse are much more natural in all 3 phases and might not be as good as verse against the run but good enough to make up the difference in their pass coverage.  Allowing them to stay in the game and affect more plays than Verse would. 

In the end i love all 3 guys and as long as it's edge at 8 or even better a trade down like you did then im gonna be a happy man at the end of the night if it's one of those big 3.   But will hope it's  Latu > Turner > Verse in that order if i can have my way :)