2024 ÑFL DRÃFT Dß ØÑĖ ȚHRËÆĎ (**N0 SP0ILERS?!**)

Ty21

As with every day 3 of a draft I always find myself looking ahead to the next one...the fact we haven't came out of this draft using a top pick on a DL and specifically DT might not be a bad thing...next years DT class could be insanely good if everyone declares and plays up to their talent...

Deone Walker...Kentucky

Kenneth Grant...Michigan

Mason Graham...Michigan

Tyleik Williams...Ohio State

Walter Nolen...Ole Miss

Dontay Corleone..Cincinnati 

Bear Alexander...USC

Nazir Stackhouse...Georgia

Shemar Turner...Texas A&M

All these guys could be top 40 talents next year.

My friend is a Steelers fan and this is this the first time in our 19 or so years watching the draft (Christ) where either of our team drafting exactly how we wanted them to, in a predictable way. Like, getting one pick right is neat but the whole draft for both of us is something else. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

Braden Fiske was a target of mine.  He went way sooner than analysts and sims predicted.  

Rams have been on fire drafting of late so I feel good about that.  

Everyone keeps looking at C for our last pick. Poles has made it pretty clear that it’s Bates with a proven capable C in Coleman Shelton as the fallback option. Bates is 27 - assuming he’s capable or better (and Poles seems pretty convinced) he is the long term option at the position. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2024 at 9:39 AM, AZBearsFan said:

Everyone keeps looking at C for our last pick. Poles has made it pretty clear that it’s Bates with a proven capable C in Coleman Shelton as the fallback option. Bates is 27 - assuming he’s capable or better (and Poles seems pretty convinced) he is the long term option at the position. 

Greg Gabriel, who I don’t listen much to anymore because he became annoying this offseason in great Fields/Caleb debates, made a really good point I heard in passing.

He was asked what Bears were going to do at C by Swift I think it was.  

He said Bears already did it.  It’s Bates.  The fans just don’t want to accept that as the answer.  

Then Swift said I think Coleman will be starter. Then Greg correctly said Bears already said Bates is starter.  

Greg was spot on.  But this is the one area where Poles doesn’t deserve benefit of doubt.  He told us Patrick was answer in ‘22 and Whitehair was answer in ‘23.  

I said both times those weren’t good answers.  So did many.  

Bates potential is agreeably better than Patrick (Whitehair was way better pre injuries at G, but could never properly snap).

The fact that Bates was essentially 4th on Buffalo’s interior depth chart last season and they let him go and the guy ahead of him go doesn’t fill me with great confidence.  Still the combination of Bates and Coleman is much better than Whitehair and Patrick or Mustipher.   Coleman has been serviceable, if Bates earns position ahead of him that should be something.  Hopefully they don’t just hand it to him throughout camp. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2024 at 4:39 PM, Ty21 said:

Nabers already talks like such a diva 

I'm kind of glad we ended up with Rome.  He seems like a really good guy, and even if he is only 95% of the prospect Nabers is, that can often end up being a better deal than having to put up with a player who turns into a whiny diva.

On 4/27/2024 at 7:15 AM, Madmike90 said:

As with every day 3 of a draft I always find myself looking ahead to the next one...the fact we haven't came out of this draft using a top pick on a DL and specifically DT might not be a bad thing...next years DT class could be insanely good if everyone declares and plays up to their talent...

Deone Walker...Kentucky

Kenneth Grant...Michigan

Mason Graham...Michigan

Tyleik Williams...Ohio State

Walter Nolen...Ole Miss

Dontay Corleone..Cincinnati 

Bear Alexander...USC

Nazir Stackhouse...Georgia

Shemar Turner...Texas A&M

All these guys could be top 40 talents next year.

I know the Godfather was technically based in NYC, but still, how can you not want to bring a guy named Don Corleone to Chicago?  :D

Edited by SodeeWater_Cheezburger