Bears Officially Select Caleb Williams at 1.1

Sugashane

17 hours ago, SLCbear said:

dUde ! Are you 75 ??

1000_F_591572096_xj5tUcFCPojZg4LAy3loIZ4

LOL.....close.  But my beards not quite that grey and I have more hair than this old fart.  In a month I'll be 73 so I may be one of the oldest members here.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SLCbear said:

or just roast @soulman for being oAf 

hopefully we'll all be 75 and 90  one day 

I don't see it as being old.  In fact I prefer to think of myself as vintage.  You know, I like a six pack of aged Old Style.  😁

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 1:16 PM, dll2000 said:

Caleb is only one I have seen of group that can act.

Yeah, and like Peyton Manning this kid might make more money from endorsements and post NFL career stuff than he does actually playing the game.  Chicago needs another face of the franchise hero and CW seems uniquely qualified for the role.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 2

We really have no idea whether Williams will excell as a rookie like Stroud, or fail miserably like many good QBs have, including Peyton Manning.  So predictions may be fun, but are, of course wild guesses.

On 5/26/2024 at 5:38 PM, kippling said:

We really have no idea whether Williams will excell as a rookie like Stroud, or fail miserably like many good QBs have, including Peyton Manning.  So predictions may be fun, but are, of course wild guesses.

Thanks for the hard hitting analysis

On 5/26/2024 at 5:38 PM, kippling said:

If he has Peyton Manning’s career it will be 100% worth it.  

He will take an absolute public beating if he has Manning’s rookie year though.  

There will be a lot of told you so’s coming out of the trees and bushes for a year.  

32 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If he has Peyton Manning’s career it will be 100% worth it.  

He will take an absolute public beating if he has Manning’s rookie year though.  

There will be a lot of told you so’s coming out of the trees and bushes for a year.  

I think anything short of ROY and a ridiculous Stroud, Dak, Herbert rookie campaign and a lot of people will be quick to jump on that train. If he has a great year then you'll have the same people flipping and saying he was the "obvious" franchise QB and even CHI couldn't mess him up. 

The scenario will be damned either way. lol 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I think anything short of ROY and a ridiculous Stroud, Dak, Herbert rookie campaign and a lot of people will be quick to jump on that train. If he has a great year then you'll have the same people flipping and saying he was the "obvious" franchise QB and even CHI couldn't mess him up. 

The scenario will be damned either way. lol 

Thrilled to have quit twitter to avoid the extremists on this.  Closest I'm going to get is stupid takes on podcast as luckily this place seems generally rational. Consider this an appreciation post that most of you aren't total ******* morons. Happy to be one of the dumber posters as it means the quality of the writing on here is better than 99% of the internet. 

• Like 2