Jets Select LT Olu Fashanu Round 1 Pick 11

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Titans are moving JC Latham to LT.   Now, it is Alt vs Latham vs Fashanu for top future LT in NFL. 

Until Alabama OL picks show they can actually play in the NFL, I am dubious of Latham be any good. Stroud seems to have broken the bust OSU QB stigma, maybe Latham does the same. But it has to be proven. I truly expect Olu to be the best of the OT picks in a couple of years.

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

Until Alabama OL picks show they can actually play in the NFL, I am dubious of Latham be any good. Stroud seems to have broken the bust OSU QB stigma, maybe Latham does the same. But it has to be proven. I truly expect Olu to be the best of the OT picks in a couple of years.

He has top notch OL coach so I think it is plausible.

16 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

just want him to be good idc whose the best. let us pray.

yeah i for one dont think hes going to be a bust at all i just wanted s couple guys over him and preferred to move down more if we were going OT. my biggest issue is he doesn't play with much of a mean streak but hes reliable and smooth in pass protection. the benefit of not starting him right away is he gets an NFL camp and season to refine his technique as a run blocker. hand size is underrated. build arm and upper body strength to match the very strong base he has, the size of the mitts becomes irrelevant. 

18 hours ago, ekill08x said:

yeah i for one dont think hes going to be a bust at all i just wanted s couple guys over him and preferred to move down more if we were going OT. my biggest issue is he doesn't play with much of a mean streak but hes reliable and smooth in pass protection. the benefit of not starting him right away is he gets an NFL camp and season to refine his technique as a run blocker. hand size is underrated. build arm and upper body strength to match the very strong base he has, the size of the mitts becomes irrelevant. 

He wasn't my favorite prospect (that was actually Fautanu) but my board kind of developed before we got Tyron. I absolutely did not want Olu if he had to start this season but now that he gets to sit I love the pick. He reminds me soooo much of D'brick (who also struggled as a rookie).

We have gone the massive road grader route and it has not worked well. Perhaps it is time to go to the other end of the spectrum and pick a great pass protector at the expense of great run blocking.

Olu was my favorite even ahead of Alt (only because we were never going to be able to get Alt). 

On 4/26/2024 at 2:54 PM, xrade said:

Landon Dickerson is pretty good for the eagles

On 4/25/2024 at 9:38 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

He is a franchise LT and if there is any concern about him, he has a year to sit behind Tyron Smith.  He will definitely get a game or two as Smith can't stay healthy.

Future:

Fashanu-AVT-Tippmann-anyone-Warren

I wanted Latham and he was the best kept secret of all the OT, however I am so happy that Olu is here and Bowers is in LV.....!!!!!

21 minutes ago, Big T said:

I wanted Latham and he was the best kept secret of all the OT, however I am so happy that Olu is here and Bowers is in LV.....!!!!!

I think all of us feel that anyone other than Bowers would be great pick.