Jets Select LT Olu Fashanu Round 1 Pick 11

11 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Rodgers didn't seem too happy with the pick.  OH WELL.

JD isn't finished yet with the roster, Deebo Samuel is supposedly up to be traded, maybe the Jets can swing something with next years draft capitol or a third rounder this year.

12 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

He is a franchise LT and if there is any concern about him, he has a year to sit behind Tyron Smith.  He will definitely get a game or two as Smith can't stay healthy.

Future:

Fashanu-AVT-Tippmann-anyone-Warren

Bingo, This is exactly what I expect. Odds are a Guard comes later in this draft and theres a ton of TE and WR talent left. Thnis is JD saying im not listening to Rodgers Im going to do my thing.

18 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

Bingo, This is exactly what I expect. Odds are a Guard comes later in this draft and theres a ton of TE and WR talent left. Thnis is JD saying im not listening to Rodgers Im going to do my thing.

I think it's more of a signal that the Jets were going Odunze if he was there,and once he got grabbed they dropped a slot, picked up picks and grabbed another player that they valued.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I think it's more of a signal that the Jets were going Odunze if he was there,and once he got grabbed they dropped a slot, picked up picks and grabbed another player that they valued.

Yup it’s already out there that we tried to move up with the Giants and Falcons

I know we are all hoping this is the year we make a big jump, but the good news is that we are set up for the future already. we should have a ton of cap room next season to start locking up some of our key young players. 

I really like what JD did this year. it gives us a win now chance but doesnt bury us.

1 hour ago, Big T said:

JD isn't finished yet with the roster, Deebo Samuel is supposedly up to be traded, maybe the Jets can swing something with next years draft capitol or a third rounder this year.

Deebo Samuel has like a 21m cap hit and had a good season like 3 years ago 

24 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Deebo Samuel has like a 21m cap hit and had a good season like 3 years ago 

Not a fan of Samuel. If you have to get him the ball on swing passes and other "gaget" plays he is not worth it. He is not a true WR in my eyes. No way do I want Hackett trying to make plays for him that is just a bad idea. 

I like Deebo, but I can't sense of it financially. We have major contracts coming up within the next 2 years. If we don't draft a WR good enough and Williams doesn't bounce back, then I'd look to trade for someone during the season. I'd go for an older target who can still produce like Tyler Lockett that won't require a massive contract or trade for a target with an ending contract so JD can at least control the cap hits in the extension. 

15 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t really care about the knock on his run blocking. I want the LT that doesn’t let anyone touch the QB.

Run blocking is a lot easier to teach than pass block IMO. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t really care about the knock on his run blocking. I want the LT that doesn’t let anyone touch the QB.

But, but , but the tiny hands!

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Run blocking is a lot easier to teach than pass block IMO. 

He is stronger at true pro set but creative plays he sucks.   It wont matter because we have old school qb in AR.   Hopefully, he learns new technical stuffs to be ready for 2026 or whenever the life begins without AR.

Was one of my least favorite of the top OTs in the draft and I wanted to trade down and recoup a 2 if we were going OT. I love the prospect of him learning from two very good OTs and not being forced into starting action right away. I do like his versatility too. I like the pick a lot more after giving it more thought. I still want to move up tonight. Give up a 3 next year for all I care. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

Was one of my least favorite of the top OTs in the draft and I wanted to trade down and recoup a 2 if we were going OT. I love the prospect of him learning from two very good OTs and not being forced into starting action right away. I do like his versatility too. I like the pick a lot more after giving it more thought. I still want to move up tonight. Give up a 3 next year for all I care. 

Ouch!