2024 NFL draft Rd 2-3 GDT (No Spoilers!)

GW21

5 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Huge plus to the draft ending is we don't have to hear the rumors anymore.  Absolute lunacy. 

For anyone who was worried, it's helpful to always remember two things in the offseason:

1) This happens every year we need to re-sign someone.

2) John and Kyle don't hold their cards and wait. If they have something in mind, they just go do it. When they decided to trade Buckner, it was in March - long before the draft process was finished, and probably long before finishing scouting Kinlaw (though possibly after coming to the determination to draft him). Same thing with Trey Lance. There was no draft day pondering or waiting to see who would be there. We traded up in March.

For better or for worse (I think often better), they have a vision for the yearly squad in mind, and they won't wait to construct it as they feel they need it. So hearing they are suddenly ready to upend the roster before the draft AND trust a rookie replacement to start right away should be giant red flags that the rumor you are reading/hearing is false.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

They were 4 picks away from getting Haynes.  I wonder if they had Haynes and Puni rated similarly, and once Haynes was gone they pushed hard to move up. 

Like the Puni pick.  But Pearsall/Green/Haynes would've been insane fire. 

Zack Zinter went the pick before to Cleveland as well. That’s where my mind went. Maybe they had a group of all three and once the second guy went they made their move.

• Like 2

• GW21 locked this topic
  • GW21 unpinned and unlocked this topic