2024 NFL draft Rd 2-3 GDT (No Spoilers!)

GW21

What is annoying is that the Lions/Eagles may have addressed their weakness defensively and the Cardinals have had a great draft. The Rams got two DL and then added Corum to the backfield. 

We have our work cut out, that's for sure. Glad we kept Deebo and have a deep WR room. Again though, will not be surprised if Jennings gets traded tomorrow. 

• Like 4

I wouldn't be surprised to see Deebo traded. Get a similar return to what we gave up for Williams, a 5th and a future 3rd (although I'd prefer a future 3rd and future 4th due to the guys staying at school this year because of the NIL payments). 

The players I would like to target tomorrow in the 4th and 5th rounds: 

Khyree Jackson, Cam Hart, TJ Tampa, JaTavion Sanders, Tanner McLauchin, Theo Johnson, Gabriel Murphy, Javon Solomon, Austin Booker, Mohammad Kamara, Nelson Ceaser, Kitan Oladopo, Jaylin Simpson, Christian Jones, Javon Foster, Tanor Bartolini, Malik Washington, Braelon Allen, Isaac Guerendo and Khristian Boyd. 

Then just some players I'd like to take a shot at in the last two rounds: 

Frank Crum, Evan Williams, Jaylan Ford, Joe Milton, Kimani Vidal, Zion Logue. 

I did not include guys like Franklin who I don't think have much of a chance at dropping. Really want one of the edges in the 4th. 

24 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Deebo traded. Get a similar return to what we gave up for Williams, a 5th and a future 3rd (although I'd prefer a future 3rd and future 4th due to the guys staying at school this year because of the NIL payments). 

I doubt Deebo gets traded now (this offseason). I can see a possible trade happen in the middle of the year, but that’s ONLY if Pearsall lights it up or if Ronnie Bell takes the next step. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tubthumper said:

lol, 49ers drafted 3 of the 5 he recommended

that guy should get a call from an nfl team if these dudes are good pros haha. He called Puni to us specifically too. Impressive

Edited by 49ers Finest
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

I think some of it is due to the Trey Lance pick, and some of Kinlaw.  Kinlaw took forever to become good, and when he was he became a free agent.  Lance, we all know how that went.  They were overconfident in their ability to coach guys with potential...potential gets people fired in the NFL lol.  

26 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I doubt Deebo gets traded now (this offseason). I can see a possible trade happen in the middle of the year, but that’s ONLY if Pearsall lights it up or if Ronnie Bell takes the next step. 

Hell no to trading deebo mid season. That would send the wrong message. We want to win. Deebo is a leader of this team. Some would say the heartbeat. 

One thing I will say is that this trade talk undoubtedly got Deebo's attention. He most assuredly wants to ink another big extension when/before his current deal expires. He just saw AJB get some years tacked on. 

There is only one way he can earn a new deal, beit here or somewhere else, and that is with a 15+ game season where he puts up 1300+ scrimmage yards. 

We didn't burn the bridge but Deebo is certainly feeling a little heat. We just told him that his seat was warm. Quasi-contract year Deebo incoming.

With jauan's emergence, and slicky Rick in the mix, I think we need to start using Deebo at RB to spell CMC. We have enough WRs now to where it makes sense to use Deebo at RB more frequently. 

We need to manage CMC's touches. He was real beat up last year. Idgaf if cmc doesn't like it, we need to do it. 

Deebo bulked up after 2021 and then midway through the 22 season we traded for CMC, which means we kinda stopped using him in that role. 

If that is not the plan, then I think he needs to slim down a little bit from where he has been the last two years. 

I want "best shape of his life" Deebo showing up to camp. Give me an off-season work out pic that turns heads. 

They were 4 picks away from getting Haynes.  I wonder if they had Haynes and Puni rated similarly, and once Haynes was gone they pushed hard to move up. 

Like the Puni pick.  But Pearsall/Green/Haynes would've been insane fire. 

I feel like Lynch and Jeremiah have validated by Kingsley analysis....though KC is pretty damn smart I would say lol. 

I'm also looking at Walter Rouse as a late tackle prospect.  This is where the Niners typically do their best work, it's exciting. 

• Like 1

• GW21 locked this topic
  • GW21 unpinned and unlocked this topic