2024 Ravens Draft - 62nd Pick - Roger Rosengarten

Roger Rosengarten, 21 years old (06/03/02)
6’5 1/2” 308 lbs, 33 1/2” arms (33%), 4.92s 40 yd dash (97%), 4.6 shuttle (79%), 113” broad (94%), 30” vert (74%), 20 bench (19%).

We’re seeing here with Rosengarten the kind of OL that it appears Monken is looking to build. We’re talking athletic guys.

I’m not a fan of the overall play strength, but from a pass blocking perspective, Big Rose has proven to be elite at that. The length is a bit problematic, what’s more Washington got the ball out quick with Penix so I’m not sure if the OTs were always the most challenged as their job was made a bit easier in that regard, however Rose still gets the job done at a high level in pass protection, yet still plays with enough attitude in the run game to boot.

Welcome to Baltimore!

Edited by diamondbull424

• diamondbull424 changed the title to 2024 Ravens Draft - 62nd Pick - Roger Rosengarten
13 hours ago, berlin calling said:

so basically swing tackle ability if need be?

https://x.com/sgellison/status/1784045600733848018

This is where I’m at. He can play LT and RT, so while I expect Patrick Mekari to win the starting RT job, I think we finally have a guy in Big Rose that can step in for Stanley or Mekari in the event that either player fall to injury.

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I’m just going to assume this guy busts simply because he’s a Ravens 2nd rounder not named Torrey Smith

Last time we drafted O-line in the second round was Kelechi Osemele. I think I'd be satisfied with that outcome here.

I'm... just okay with Rosengarten. Wasn't my favorite prospect for the Ravens in that giant group of tackles. The national championship game looms large in my mind and that was a bad game for Rosengarten. And pretty much everyone else for Washington, but still. Not good. 

Suamatai and Amegadjie were the (much) bigger upside picks and I would have went with one of them. But outside of those two Rosengarten was probably the best option left. The versatility to probably play both sides is nice and D'Alessandris is a good coach. Hopefully they get Roger on a good training regimen to build some functional muscle mass up.

I'm not the guy has the functional strength to start at RT year one, but maybe he does.

He doesn't look like a sure-fire starter, I wonder what the plan is if he isn't ready to start. Obviously the best case scenario is he comes in and crushes.

This data should be a bit of a white pill for anyone overly down on the pick. Like all rookies Rosengarten has specific areas he needs to improve, but if his functional strength or anchor was such a drastic problem it wouldn't magically not show up at the college level. He's two years younger than Fautanu, played on the same line, and went against the same defenses. His pressure data was better on true pass sets and on extended plays(2.5 seconds or more after snap)- which will obviously be very relevant when protecting Lamar Jackson.

Linderbaum had questions about his anchor and ability to deal with power rushers. Orlando had questions about his agility and ability to deal with speed rushers. In the end the both pretty much carried over the efficiency levels they had in college. Rosengarten is 21 years old with a frame wide open for added weight and 90th+ percentile athleticism. All things considered it's a pretty appetizing profile for the 11th Offensive Tackle taken to have. 

• Like 1