🏈 Pick #77 is in! Raiders select T, Delmar Glaze, Maryland

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Telesco nailed the first 2 picks, I'll trust his judgement here until proven otherwise.

Yeah I am not going to lose too much sleep over this pick. RT AND RG were huge needs. We got a slam dunk in JPJ and took a huge swing on Glaze.

He seemingly has all the tools and some nice traits. I don't think he will beat out Munford but going forward maybe we shift him to G.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I was feeling Rattler tbh, which again shocks me as I have not been a fan throughout the process.

I feel like we need to target some CBs soon.

I would rather have rattler than the corners that are left if I'm being honest

To me, it sounds like a pick that is geared towards the future, not necessarily for 2024 but 2025 and beyond and I’m sure that’s what we’ll hear from Telesco.. We don’t need him to start day 1 unless he just looks that much better than Munford. I doubt Telesco thinks all he will be is a swing tackle however to take him in Rd3

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JarrodR86 said:

To me, it sounds like a pick that is geared towards the future, not necessarily for 2024 but 2025 and beyond and I’m sure that’s what we’ll hear from Telesco.. We don’t need him to start day 1 unless he just looks that much better than Munford. I doubt Telesco thinks all he will be is a swing tackle however to take him in Rd3

With him having experience at both OT positions, I think he’s our clear swing tackle of the future. Not a pretty position to draft, but if he develops, he’ll at least keep our OL treading water.

• Like 2

HEIGHT: 6'4"

WEIGHT: 315

HAND: 10¼"

ARM: 34⅞"

WINGSPAN: 85¼"

40-YARD DASH: 5.21

3-CONE: 8.15

SHUTTLE: 4.83

VERTICAL: 25.5"

BROAD: 8'8"

POSITIVES

— Patient, calculated pass-protector who plays centered and understands how to square up the rusher, create leverage with his hands and sustain it with good grip strength.

— Hand carriage in his pass set enables active, timely strikes to disrupt rushers and gain quick access into their frame.

— Alters set lines and landmarks in pass protection to manipulate spacing and dictate terms to rushers.

— Smoothly transitions into a firm anchor to harden his edges and solidify the pocket.

— Displaces and feeds the defensive tackle over as the drive man on double-teams with solid square power and pop on contact on angle-drive blocks.

— Statement performance against Ohio State edge-rusher Jack Sawyer this season.

NEGATIVES

— Adequate foot quickness and range on an island can create a short corner against premier speed off the edge.

— Doesn't adjust his aiming points quickly enough against post-snap movement and gap exchanges across his face, causing leakage and penetration.

— Lack of twitch and range on an island showed up against Penn State edge-rusher Abdul Carter this season.

2023 STATISTICS

— 13 starts at left tackle

NOTES

— 3-star recruit from the 2020 class, per 247Sports

— 32 career starts at left (16) and right (16) tackle

— Accepted his invite to the Senior Bowl

OVERALL

Delmar Glaze is a two-and-a-half-year starter with 32 career starts split evenly between each tackle spot inside Maryland's 56-44 pass-run split, multiple run scheme. Glaze has a well-rounded build with a thick midsection, solid length and adequate athletic ability.

Glaze plays with good weight distribution, balance and potent hand placement to create quick leverage on defenders. He excels on angle-drive blocks and as the drive man on double-teams lining up his target under control, getting his second step into the ground quickly with the grip strength and strain to steer defenders off their spot. Glaze is a tick late adjusting to gap exchanges and post-snap movement across his face, lacking the twitch to suddenly redirect and compensate before getting his face crossed.

In pass protection, Glaze is smooth and calculated. He has an understanding of how to use angles, timing and leverage to close space, latch and end reps quickly with his head out of the block. He has a firm, strong anchor against the bull rush to concede minimal ground. His middling foot quickness and range limit his mirroring ability on an island at tackle, though.

Overall, Glaze combines polished technique with good play strength and a patient, calculated approach to win the leverage battle more often than not despite below-average athletic ability. Along with his tackle experience, Glaze should be able to carve out a role on an NFL roster at guard while offering the ability to play tackle in a pinch.

GRADE: 6.7 (Potential Role Player/Contributor — 4th Round)

OVERALL RANK: 109

POSITION RANK: IOL14

PRO COMPARISON: Alaric Jackson

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Who would you guys have gotten instead?

Wilson/Trotter to sit behind Spillane and deablo

This area was tough all the best value was at WR. A trade up for Kris Jenkins would've been unbelievable 

Just now, kmonahan07 said:

Wilson/Trotter to sit behind Spillane and deablo

This area was tough all the best value was at WR. A trade up for Kris Jenkins would've been unbelievable 

With Wilson no one has taken him yet so there really might be something there to his medicals. Trotter I don't actually understand why he hasn't been taken yet. Probably because he didn't test so no one knows how athletic or unathletic he is. Combination of that and the fact that linebacker is not really an important position is probably why he hasn't been taken. I would've taken him over the tackle that we did though for sure

OK so I don't know what you do with this information but I was watching the senior bowl 1 on 1s right now and Darius Robinson was getting on Tyler Guyton but the glaze guy did better against Darius Robinson. He looked like he was too high in the senior bowl one on one reps I was watching earlier