Draft Day 3

JetsandI

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Attitude amd not staying in shape will do this. If he has the attitude and not being in shape with the Jets he may be out the league in 1 year. I do think he will change because he is no longer around kids. He is around grown men that will teach him how to be a grown man or you can leave. 

I read that they misused him as a run stopper but his pass rush win rate was awesome. 

On 4/27/2024 at 10:24 PM, ekill08x said:

i want to believe in joe douglas but this third day of the draft was head scratching odd. two RBs who have exact same traits makes zero sense. our trade downs were horrible. i just don’t understand how this regime is trying to build depth here. 

Agreed. A really weird draft with no real 2024 contributors IMO. Tacking multiple running backs is always an odd choice simply because there’s no deeper position in the league. Would have liked another developmental OL honestly, even tho we can’t really develop the position it’s still nice to have guys to potentially mold, maybe we find a gem eventually. 

We also need to start addressing this Linebacker core. It’s two deep at the moment and CJ needs to be replaced soon. 

26 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Agreed. A really weird draft with no real 2024 contributors IMO. Tacking multiple running backs is always an odd choice simply because there’s no deeper position in the league. Would have liked another developmental OL honestly, even tho we can’t really develop the position it’s still nice to have guys to potentially mold, maybe we find a gem eventually. 

We also need to start addressing this Linebacker core. It’s two deep at the moment and CJ needs to be replaced soon. 

I think Saleh and Ulbrich feel like they can develop late round/UDFA guys on defense which allows them to grab higher talent on offense. They have a decent track record. And many defensive roles are rotational. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think Saleh and Ulbrich feel like they can develop late round/UDFA guys on defense which allows them to grab higher talent on offense. They have a decent track record. And many defensive roles are rotational. 

I won't waste a post on fifth, six, and seventh round draft picks, since our draft going back to the early sixties only 18.5 % of the guys draft in those rounds make the Jets roster. One of those picks was a Jet  HOFer. The other we just around for a cup of coffee for a year of two and they were gone   think we did the best we could with the players we had to pick from. Was this the 2022 draft not it wasn't even close to that great draft.

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I read that they misused him as a run stopper but his pass rush win rate was awesome. 

He gained some weight in order to improve run stopping ability. That is why his 23 is down from 22.  Now, I am not sure whether Jets will continue developing him from 2023 situation as all round DT or get him shred some weight to be a gap shooter.   It is good thing he is UDFA.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

LB room should be much better for next draft. Maybe Jets will pick up somebody via waiver system.

Latham should be a solid project for IOL.