Draft Day 3

JetsandI

12 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

Hey everyone, its been years. Any of the OG members of the forum still around? Have to say I'm loving our draft so far.

Lol some of us are still around popping in and out. Good to see you back! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Hicks, Gray, Oladapo, Trotter, Jacobs, Ford, Milton, Laumea, Cohen, and Travis are my top 10 prospects right now. Cam Hart would be great as well. Imagine two 6'3 CBs. 

Milton or Travis would be pretty dope IMO.

Where do the Jets view Jarrick Bernard-Converse, as a future safety or cornerback? I think he has been tried at both positions, has he not? I think we will draft a DB today, but the position will likely be determined by how they feel about JBC. Can he be a backup to Adams? Can he challenge for a starting gig? Is he a backup cornerback? Anyway, I am watching that today for sure. One DB should be selected. Insurance for Reed is probably wise.

Some names I am looking at right now are QB Milton; RB Gore Jr.; LB Trotter Jr.; WR Johnny Wilson (towering dude, potential heir apparent for the Mike Williams role?); LB Mike Barrett; CB Tampa.

I think we are in position to draft five more players today, and really add competition and depth (and developmental players for the future). Ideally, I would draft a QB, a WR, a RB, a S and LB. Then maybe a guard, a corner, an edge and a tight end as undrafted free agents. 

Let's GO!

I know a lot of people are down on Rattler but he's a guy I'd like us to draft. He is a guy that many felt would be qb1 of his draft two years ago. The talent is there. He's a mess. But the good news is that we'd be taking him to sit him for 2+ years of development time with Rodgers. It's an opportunity to take a low risk swing with a 4th rounder.

2 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I know a lot of people are down on Rattler but he's a guy I'd like us to draft. He is a guy that many felt would be qb1 of his draft two years ago. The talent is there. He's a mess. But the good news is that we'd be taking him to sit him for 2+ years of development time with Rodgers. It's an opportunity to take a low risk swing with a 4th rounder.

I would not have an issue with ANY quarterback that they take at this point. This is what we were supposed to do for the QB position. PROTECT Rodgers better; find a great backup in case our boy goes down again; get rid of the stench that was Zach Wilson; and add a young, developmental QB to sit and listen and learn from two great veterans.

We have checked nearly every box, now it is a matter of which QB do you want to sit and learn. 

My preference is Milton because of his size and talent, but Rattler is definitely intriguing.

54 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I would not have an issue with ANY quarterback that they take at this point. This is what we were supposed to do for the QB position. PROTECT Rodgers better; find a great backup in case our boy goes down again; get rid of the stench that was Zach Wilson; and add a young, developmental QB to sit and listen and learn from two great veterans.

We have checked nearly every box, now it is a matter of which QB do you want to sit and learn. 

My preference is Milton because of his size and talent, but Rattler is definitely intriguing.

Milton does have great size. Id honestly be ok with Milton, Pratt or Rattler. I worry about Jordan Travis because I feel like he just doesn't have the overall talent. Really though, if Rodgers is willing to work with any of them, it's a win.