Draft Day 3

JetsandI

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

JD is doing what I would do too. Try and bank some of these picks for next year. Moving up a round to bank next year is smart. Lets be real here guys these guys will not dress during game day this year so why waste a year with these guys. The trade down for 2 this years pick is to buy time ti try and bank a few more picks next year. 

I love getting a future 3rd.  But do we need all these 5ths and 6ths?  Could have stayed in the 4th and taken a STer who could push for a starting spot down the road.  The 5ths and 6ths we are unlikely to hit on.  If anything use those for futures but I guess we'd need a team who is in love with a player.

8 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I love getting a future 3rd.  But do we need all these 5ths and 6ths?  Could have stayed in the 4th and taken a STer who could push for a starting spot down the road.  The 5ths and 6ths we are unlikely to hit on.  If anything use those for futures but I guess we'd need a team who is in love with a player.

Yes but some teams might want a rth pick now and give the Jets a 4th next year for it. Keep banking them and then package to move up next year. Heck even next year you might kick a 4th to a 3rd in 26 draft.