2024 NFL Draft: Day 3 Discussion

Day 3 is upon us! What a crazy day 2 for us! The Timberwolves won?!

who’s your favorite remaining players?

any players who could make a day one impact?

how the heck is Troy Franklin still around, go get him Kwesi! (Kind of serious, probably bigger needs)

At least they have one more pick than I thought, I thought they only had four picks left.

4th round pick #8

6th round pick #1

6th round pick #27

7th round pick #10

7th round pick #12

Needs: OG, DT, CB, ILB, WR, RB

Mekhi Wingo I would love in the 4th round, super athletic and bendy DT who can really motor and get into the backfield.  Does have some injury history and I assume that is why he fell but dude can get into the backfield and do so easily.

OG I would hope is address and Sedrick Van Pran is still around but he was a center his entire time on Georgia but a very solid one, he could be a super athletic and versatile guard possible.  Keaton Bills is also still around and he is a wall on the inside and would love to have his power at the point of attack.  Karsen Barhart would be interesting as well especially with his OG/OT versatility.

Would love to get a RB and a solid one will be around in any of those rounds with all that have already fell in the draft.  Braelon Allen, Audric Estime, Ray Davis, Dillon Johnson, MarKeise Irving, Cody Schrader, Will Shipley, Isaiah Davis, Jaylen Wright, Isaac Guerendo are all still around and some are pretty high level plays and there are at least five other guys around still also.

Also have an absolute stud in Jeremiah Trotter Jr still around at LB, no clue how that is, he had 12 sacks the last two years, 4 INTs, 3 forced fumbles, two TDs.  He has range and can run, would love him on the inside to replace and out perform Asamoah which would not be hard.  Nataniel Watson is a big backer also around and he had an impressive 20 sacks in the past three years, 3 forced fumbles and 3 INTs.

At CB there are some guys but they should go quickly.  Ryan Watts as big time potential and could transition to safety as well and be a start.  Cam Hart is tough, Brownlee is a good man coverage guy, Kalen King had a rough process but has upside as well at CB and there are some slot guys  who could be around late in the draft that would be interesting.  

Is nuts Spencer Rattler is just sitting there and so is Pratt, Jordan Travis, Hartman, Milton, Tagovailoa etc.  Hopefully it is never the case where they could have got an instant starter in Troy Fautanu and picked up an equal level QB this late.  I must say the early talk of JJ McCarthy competing with Caleb Williams for rookie of the year, sure that would be great but I seriously doubt that happens.  He would be lucky to even beat out Sam Darnold for the job and not sure he plays at all this year but time will tell.  

18 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Jatavion Sanders is really the only person who i know thats still left and its not really a position of need. But still i wouldnt mind if the Vikes took him. lol

I am surprised he has not been taken, especially with some other TEs being taken over him oddly enough.  There are some other good ones still around also but for the Vikings to take a TE would be odd, they have Hockenson, Oliver, Mundt and Muse.  So unless they take Muse's spot not sure they would jump any of the other guys.  

WR I would think is a bigger need and good route runners like Jacob Cowing are still around and explosive guys like Ainias Smith is still there.  Also have a big body burner in Devontez Walker and good slot guy in Drake Stoops and tough competitor in Isaiah Williams.  Or a physical freak show in Johnny Wilson and Troy Franklin with his speed.

• Like 1

Holy crap Troy Franklin is still around? Am i getting him mixed up with another Oregon WR? I thought people were talking about him being a potential FRP back during the draft process. I gotta be mixing him up with someone else.

Really hoping Kwesi let's the draft come to him on day 3. No trading up or down. 

If we could snag one of Christian Jones, Brandon Dorlus, Sedrick van Pran-granger or Troy Franklin at 108 I'd be over the moon.

Also really interested in DT Gabe Hall & DE Myles Cole in the 6th - Both really raw but highly athletically gifted defensive lineman. Well worth rolling the dice on.

Edited by viking

Already 7 Michigan players drafted, possibly this many more potentially which would equal 16 total, Washington also has 7 and should get maybe 4-5 more drafted potentially which would equal 11 or 12 total.

Drake Nugent Michigan SR C
Karsen Barnhart Michigan RS SR OG/OT
Trevor Keegan Michigan RS SR OG
Braiden McGregor Michigan RS JR DE
Jaylen Harrell Michigan SR OLB
AJ Barner Michigan RS SR TE
LaDarius Henderson Michigan RS SR OT/OG
Cornelius Johnson Michigan RS SR WR
Cam Goode Michigan RS SR DT

Have to believe OG is the position to address first, or a guy who can play inside or outside and be a backup for both spots.  The front 7 seems solid, especially if one moves Van Ginkel into the more coverage type ILB spot if Cashman is out since they have the edge in Turner drafted.  That might make more sense than having Van Ginkel play on the edge outside of as a backup or rotation guy.  3/4 DE depth would be nice especially if Tillery is no good, I guess they could go Bullard and Ward as the edge guys, Jonah Williams not sure what to think of him.

DE Jerry Tillery/ Jonah Williams
NT Harrison Phillips/ Jaquelin Roy 
DE Jihad Ward/ Jonathan Bullard
OLB Jonathan Greenard/ Andre Carter II
ILB Ivan Pace Jr./ Andrew Van Ginkel/  Brian Asamoah II
ILB Blake Cashman/ Kamu Grugier-Hill
OLB Dallas Turner/ Andrew Van Ginkel/ Pat Jones II

Wingo would be interesting as a 3/4 DE and he could get a ton of penetration!

Really curious what they think of Cine, Booth and Ward.  Because if they are as bad as they have played so far CB/S should also be addressed but maybe they like the progress they have made.  And with Metellus he would be the slot almost which worked at times and they brought him on blitzes a lot also from the slot then had a LB cover and now can do that even more with the super athletic Turner and versatile Van Ginkel and nimble Greenard.  

PFF's five best remaining players at each position:

INTERIOR OFFENSIVE LINE

1. G MASON MCCORMICK, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

McCormick pairs a mauling mentality with explosive athleticism. His hips are a tad stiff, which limits his flexibility, but he has the potential to be a starter in a zone-blocking scheme.

2. C SEDRICK VAN PRAN, GEORGIA

Despite some athletic limitations, Van Pran is a high-IQ center prospect whose acumen, experience and physical mentality warrant a shot at a starting role (center only) in a man/gap-heavy scheme.

3. G CHRISTIAN MAHOGANY, BOSTON COLLEGE

Mahogany is a guard only and a powerful run-blocker with inconsistencies in the passing game. He projects into a rotational and potential starting role for a team that is heavier in the run game in mostly man/gap concepts.

4. C HUNTER NOURZAD, PENN STATE

Nourzard presents a well-rounded skill set and high-floor fundamentals for almost any offense, though he must get stronger to really garner a full-time starting role in the NFL.

5. G TREVOR KEEGAN, MICHIGAN

Keegan is smart and experienced, and he brings coordination, balance and explosiveness as an ideal guard in a man/gap scheme. He lacks true power and body density, which complicates his projection, but he does have starting-caliber traits.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-the-five-best-remaining-players-at-every-position-ahead-of-day-3