2024 NFL Draft: Day 3 Discussion

I hope that our next pick is a Left Guard. We can’t possibly rely on Blake Brandel to take over that position when he hasn’t really played much LG throughout his football career. I was hoping for Hunter Nourzad but the Chiefs just got him. My next choice would be Trevor Keegan who was the starting LG for Michigan last year. He has a lot of reps at LG and can be a day one starter. He’s a smart player and I think that at Left Guard, that’s one of the most important traits, because you have to understand where the blitz is coming from and where to help. This guy does that and Harbaugh trusted him to be the starter for the past three years. He was also the team captain, so he’s a great locker room presence. Sounds like a great fit, especially since we drafted his teammate and Quarterback J.J. McCarthy two days ago. 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

I hope that our next pick is a Left Guard. We can’t possibly rely on Blake Brandel to take over that position when he hasn’t really played much LG throughout his football career. I was hoping for Hunter Nourzad but the Chiefs just got him. My next choice would be Trevor Keegan who was the starting LG for Michigan last year. He has a lot of reps at LG and can be a day one starter. He’s a smart player and I think that at Left Guard, that’s one of the most important traits, because you have to understand where the blitz is coming from and where to help. This guy does that and Harbaugh trusted him to be the starter for the past three years. He was also the team captain, so he’s a great locker room presence. Sounds like a great fit, especially since we drafted his teammate and Quarterback J.J. McCarthy two days ago. 

just went to PHI, four picks ahead of our next one.