2024 Draft: #124, S Malik Mustapha, Wake Forest

Forge

Just now, Forge said:

I don't know where we finished, but at one point last year we were the worst tackling secondary in the league. 

This feels like a reaction to that. 

That and health was an issue, don’t like it but I get it 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I don't know where we finished, but at one point last year we were the worst tackling secondary in the league. 

This feels like a reaction to that. 

He was also a gunner in college, so even more special teams help

• Like 4

Holy wrap up tackling Batman.  

Huge special teams upside here.  He and Womack at gunners would be a helluva combo. 

Not sure about the safety upside yet.  Seems like a Fangio type, two man under/quarters/palms guy who can pursue.  It's hard to get good footage of safety's working the zones. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Holy wrap up tackling Batman.  

Huge special teams upside here.  He and Womack at gunners would be a helluva combo. 

Not sure about the safety upside yet.  Seems like a Fangio type, two man under/quarters/palms guy who can pursue.  It's hard to get good footage of safety's working the zones. 

Yea the first thing that came to me is he should be a tremendous ST player from jump.

Hard to really gauge how he functions in space but coming downhill, he's a heat seaking missile.

Definitely need more of guys who strike ball-carriers, rather than trying to drag them to the ground.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 3

This is one of my favorite picks in a draft class I like a lot. He can contribute year 1 on Special Teams. Then he has two chances to be a very successful pick:

-If he reaches his ceiling, he can be a low cost replacement for Hufanga in 2025.

-He also has potential value to fall short of that, but still be a low cost replacement for Odum.

• Like 5

I can see them putting him on the los and blitzing him a lot on both run and pass downs. 

His elite explosion and strength off the edge in a nickel set would look like a bigger K’Waun Williams. 

I think Mustapha can carve out a blitzing, run defense role for us as well as special teams. That’s a useful role player. 

• Like 2