6.203 - Will Reichard, K, Alabama - #16

Will Reichard, whom the Vikings drafted in the sixth round out of Alabama, hasn't taken long to impress coaches and teammates.

Special Teams Coordinator Matt Daniels: "When he first came in here, he understood what he was up against. The job wasn't just going to be given to him because he was a draft pick. He truly wanted to earn the respect of his teammates and win the job."

"We got to a point, obviously, where there were some roster changes that needed to happen, and as a result, we had to make that move. But Will has done an unbelievable job since he's gotten here. You've all kind of gotten a good look what he's capable of doing."

"He's a guy that really maintains a good, neutral mindset. You truly never know if he's in a good mood or when he's in a bad mood. You know, he can go perfect one day and he's still just even-keel. It's like, 'That was a good day,' and he'll tell you, 'Oh, on a scale of 1-10, that was a five.' 'You went perfect every ball and went all the way back to 60,' and he's like, 'Nah, that wasn't good enough.' He has expectations. He has high standards." 

Asked if he's counting down the days to Minnesota's first preseason game, Reichard noted he's not in any rush with the process but was looking forward to heading to U.S. Bank Stadium Wednesday afternoon with Daniels, long snapper Andrew DePaola and punters Ryan Wright and Seth Vernon.

"We're going to the stadium to kick, and it'll be the first time I can get in there," he said. "And then, we'll just take it day by day."

https://www.vikings.com/news/will-reichard-kicker-competition-impress-mindset-approach

Edited by vike daddy

14 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Kevin Seifert@SeifertESPN

Vikings K Will Reichard is 12-for-14 in team drills this summer.

On the two misses, Josh Oliver was reflecting sunlight off of a mirror and into Reichard's eyes... OLIVER!!!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

On the two misses, Josh Oliver was reflecting sunlight off of a mirror and into Reichard's eyes... OLIVER!!!!

Well, it's all in preparation for the US Bank lights...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, viking said:

Has there been any reporting on how Reichard has been on kickoffs?

I haven't seen anything. I wonder if there'd be an effort to keep that under wraps given it's an entirely new strategy that no one has had to plan for in the past?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I haven't seen anything. I wonder if there'd be an effort to keep that under wraps given it's an entirely new strategy that no one has had to plan for in the past?

I guess we'll have to wait until our preseason games to see what Coach Daniels has cooked up for the new kick offs

• Like 1

The Panthers announced on Sunday that they have waived kicker Harrison Mevis. He signed with the Panthers after going undrafted in April out of the University of Missouri.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/panthers-waive-k-harrison-mevis

Josh Karty (LAR/Stanford) and Cam Little (JAX/Arkansas) are the only other rookie kickers in the league now.

• Like 1