Post-Draft Chat

Grade Telesco's first draft as Raider GM  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Telesco's first draft as Raider GM

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ap gotta learn to not talk so much esp to opponents. It’s a draft no need to explain why you didn’t pick a guy unless it was genuine. Flip side I bet it made bowers feel real confident lol. Some stuff just doesn’t need to be said Imo. Watching the war room videos imo telesco looked like the odd man out. 

Which, in Telesco's defense, represents my gripe about AP wanting to be more "one of the guys" than the HC. 

I'm not all Pro-AP, Anti-Telesco. I think both have their strengths and flaws and still just believe it was an ill-fit to match the two together. 

21 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Which, in Telesco's defense, represents my gripe about AP wanting to be more "one of the guys" than the HC. 

I'm not all Pro-AP, Anti-Telesco. I think both have their strengths and flaws and still just believe it was an ill-fit to match the two together. 

I thought it was odd keeping most of the old staff there with telesco only bringing a couple of his guys. Telesco like the new kid in school tryna fit in. Especially odd when Ap is so close to mark. Iirc they even sat next to eachother in the draft war room 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I thought it was odd keeping most of the old staff there with telesco only bringing a couple of his guys. Telesco like the new kid in school tryna fit in. Especially odd when Ap is so close to mark. Iirc they even sat next to eachother in the draft war room 

Mark always doing stuff that are odd

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 2:42 AM, Rolni said:

Champ Kelly already somewhat denied this info

Even if AP said this via phone, I guess it is more like a lift up message to a guy he liked and talked a lot during the process I guess

Why call a player that is not on your team to tell them that they were nearly the pick and it came down to a coin flip?  Calling Arnold makes zero sense to me.  There is no point to this move....  

Do I believe it was close between Bowers and Arnold, yes I do.  

27 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Why call a player that is not on your team to tell them that they were nearly the pick and it came down to a coin flip?  Calling Arnold makes zero sense to me.  There is no point to this move....  

Do I believe it was close between Bowers and Arnold, yes I do.  

This is the dry part of NFL schedule, not much content the May-End of July. They need clickbait for views 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

This is the dry part of NFL schedule, not much content the May-End of July. They need clickbait for views 

I get that but my point is why call a player you didn't draft and tell them you almost drafted them?  Placing the call makes no sense to me.  Zero point and lacks logic...

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I get that but my point is why call a player you didn't draft and tell them you almost drafted them?  Placing the call makes no sense to me.  Zero point and lacks logic...

Prolly because there was so much pre draft convo between the 2 mostly, and secondly its prolly best to keep avenues open for the future (however long, or short that is for AP) But this is all spitballing theory on everyone's part.lol.  on a side note, I did laugh at telescos magic 8 ball quip. Lol! Good for him. 👍😎

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 3:35 PM, Devilshark69 said:

Prolly because there was so much pre draft convo between the 2 mostly, and secondly its prolly best to keep avenues open for the future (however long, or short that is for AP) But this is all spitballing theory on everyone's part.lol.  on a side note, I did laugh at telescos magic 8 ball quip. Lol! Good for him. 👍😎

Networking is how one stays employed in the NFL

Edit: What's worse the coin flip or losing out on your OC after announcing it?!?

I'd say the latter but we shall see...

Edited by G
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, G said:

Networking is how one stays employed in the NFL

Edit: What's worse the coin flip or losing out on your OC after announcing it?!?

I'd say the latter but we shall see...

The OC debacle. 

Kingsbury was exciting and got people talking, mostly positively, about the possibilities. 

Then the embarrassment happened and we got left high and dry. 

Then we hired someone who many people.are undstandably skeptical about. He wasn't option #1 at all. There's no way around Getsy being a backup choice. 

Then we couldn't get a deal done for AP's guy (Daniels), which is understandable as I don't see how it was going to be feasible to land him anyway. 

But then Daniels goes to....the guy who left us at the altar. 

If Kingsbury and Daniels mesh and do what we think they're capable of, it's going to be an incredibly sore spot for us for a long time unless Getsy works some absolute magic. 

To top it all off, other than announcing the hire prematurely (which I think was fine), there's nothing that the Raiders organization could have really done to change it. There's really no egg on the face here, just a really crappy and ironic string of events. 

• Like 5