Post-Draft Chat

Grade Telesco's first draft as Raider GM  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Telesco's first draft as Raider GM

01hwecdyd2s6qb9m4d05.jpg

That's a wrap on the Raiders 2024 draft class!

1. TE Brock Bowers
  2. G Jackson Powers-Johnson
  3. T Delmar Glaze
  4. CB Decamerion Richardson
  5. LB Tommy Eichenberg
  6. RB Dylan Laube
  7. S Trey Taylor
  8. CB MJ Devonshire

How are you feeling about Telesco and Pierce's first draft as Raiders? Personally, this has been the most satisfied and excited I have felt about a draft class since 2014. I thought they did a fantastic job of going BPA and satisfying needs. We got bigger, stronger, faster, younger and simply better on both sides of the ball.

I give this class an A.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Fwiw I can see why some people would only give it a B, as we didn't walk away with a franchise QB. However 6 went before us and trading up was by all accounts too expensive for teams. Do I wish we could have selected one of the big 3? Of course, but from reports that would have cost us 3 years of 1sts and 2nds.

I am thrilled we stayed put and selected OUR guys. It's clear how each player fits the same mold (Big, athletic, high work ethic, love for the game and MEAN).

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 2

Quietly optimistic. Giving it a B. I don’t want to fan girl and go with an A. I think we have a good chance at 3-4 of these players becoming starters in the near future. The first two picks and I’m picking Eisenberg as the third starter after Spillane and/or Deablo leave in FA. The rest I view as solid depth and STers with one of the CBs/Saf possibly taking over at DB in a couple of years. 

I am happy with the draft. Got yourself two studs from day 1. No questions or concerns about those 2. They will produce at a high level. Then for some raw talent in rounds 3 and 4 that can really make this draft if they coach them up.

I did like how they just ignored the QB. Understand that this season is about AOC and Minshew and 2025 is about the QB. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

It's an honest "B" draft.  Honestly, lately, I'd take that.  

Best pick (like it or not) is Brock Bowers.  That guy is a 10 year pro bowl talent.  Need?  Nah.  But this pick is the epitome of BPA.  I'll take a superstar on a rookie deal.  

My personal favorite pick was JPJ or Tommy E.  I'm an Ohio State guy.  But that won't give me homer vision.  The buckeyes are in that elite upper echelon off college, so he should come in and be used to winning and give a Pete Werner type vibe.  

JPJ... Richie Incognito.  Period.  Remember those lines?  

We have the worst QB room in the NFL and did nothing (early or late) to change that. If we drafted Travis or Rattler in the 4th I would give it a B+ and if we would have also drafted a WR or RB I would have given it an A. 

12 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

We have the worst QB room in the NFL and did nothing (early or late) to change that. If we drafted Travis or Rattler in the 4th I would give it a B+ and if we would have also drafted a WR or RB I would have given it an A. 

Wouldn’t have minded Rattler, but there’s only So many reps to go around for another developmental type QB. If we went QB I was hoping it was to be the guy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Dylan Laube, Brock Bowers?  I know Brock isn't a WR, but he's a high volume TE target.  Let's not forget that a TE is a QBs best friend.  Especially a young QB or one that has some questions.  I think we added nicely to our QB room by giving them a weapon or two AND landing JPJ.  Not excited about Glaze.  

This draft was a good all around improvement over years gone by. 

I think PG is high on Facyson, that’s why he was kept despite not playing a down. I think he has the inside track followed by Bennett strictly based on experience. I haven’t given up on him yet. I also wouldnt mind going after Stephon Gilmore. 

7 minutes ago, Totty said:

Dylan Laube, Brock Bowers?  I know Brock isn't a WR, but he's a high volume TE target.  Let's not forget that a TE is a QBs best friend.  Especially a young QB or one that has some questions.  I think we added nicely to our QB room by giving them a weapon or two AND landing JPJ.  Not excited about Glaze.  

This draft was a good all around improvement over years gone by. 

Good catch. Forgot about Laube. I’ll raise the grade to a B- 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

No QB aside from the top 6 would have moved the needle for our QB room. I’m glad we ignored it the rest of the way to focus on depth.

• Like 2