Post Milestone Thread

Thinking it’s time we bring this back, and no better way to kick the thread off than for 100,000 for @vike daddy, and he gets to celebrate this weekend with his teams choice of JJ McCarthy.  

Also, I went back to archive.org, and it appears that @Webmasteris over 10,000 is you combined his posts from the old forum and this one.  

I’ve got one coming up, and despite spending 20 years on forums, I’ve never hit 16,000 before.  

• Like 2

Assuming each post took 30 seconds minimum to write, browse, view the thread etc.

That's about 34 days of posting. Not counting all the time just reading and browsing this site lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xmad said:

Assuming each post took 30 seconds minimum to write, browse, view the thread etc.

That's about 34 days of posting. Not counting all the time just reading and browsing this site lol.

Had never thought of it that way.  The reality is that it probably took much longer to post the first decade here because it was before smartphones and tablets, and forum quality was at it’s peak from 2008-2013.  

Also, I know that as a mod, you spend a lot more time reading than you do posting.  So VikeDaddy has spent a ton of time on here.  

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 8:41 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

Thinking it’s time we bring this back, and no better way to kick the thread off than for 100,000 for @vike daddy, and he gets to celebrate this weekend with his teams choice of JJ McCarthy.  

Also, I went back to archive.org, and it appears that @Webmasteris over 10,000 is you combined his posts from the old forum and this one.  

I’ve got one coming up, and despite spending 20 years on forums, I’ve never hit 16,000 before.  

What do you mean you went to archive.org?

13 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

What do you mean you went to archive.org?

So archive.org can pull up snapshots of websites, including forums, at different periods of time.  For some of the busier sites like FF, you might even be able to click on the forum and be taken to the first page of threads, and on some of those you might get the original page of posts.  That is how I got a close guess to Webby’s post count.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2024 at 11:23 AM, Ty21 said:

Bro who tf is turtle

I can't recall ever seeing that username. Maybe he resides in the baseball forum, I can't say I've ever poked my head in.

I'm pushing 14k and that seems like a lot, thank you 100k club for blowing me out of the water