53 Man Roster thread

Old Guy

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

Bill Hubner seems to think Pratt isn't coming back. I would be shocked due to his higher upside over Clifford. He thinks the Packers will put Clifford on the PS and have him dress as #2 QB for the time being whilst Willis settles in.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/packers-release-sean-clifford-michael-pratt-after-acquiring-malik-willis-01j6adh13zef

Clifford is a better Week 1 option over Pratt if they had to play, which is what Huber is talking about. I expect both to be on the PS at some point and Pratt is probably the long term PS QB. Clifford will probably hang around the first few weeks until Willis gets the green light. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Who are the tough cuts yet to be made? Are there any? 

Every year we fret over a player who gets cut and every year we get that player back on practice squad.

Who is it this year? 

Dillard, Dillon, Cox and Mosby are the guys I am most curious about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Every year we fret over a player who gets cut and every year we get that player back on practice squad.

Who is it this year? 

Dubose, Davis, AJJ, Anderson, Mosby, Cox, Dillon, King, Rochell, Ballentine are all tough cuts candidates. Probably just 4 spots available between all of them.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Who is it this year? 

I think the closest thing we might have to that situation is DuBose.......  Maybe Kalen King tho......maybe.  

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Is Dillard more difficult to cut than Telfort? 

I don't think so. Telfort has shown more ability to play other positions. During preseason he has played at LT, RT and G. I think that's what ultimately get him on the 53. Ive watched Telfort and he is mediocre, decent in the run game and just about passable in pass protection, he doesn't move that well as he's a bit heavy set in his lower half.

Dillard is a LT only and if he remains on the roster on week one then his contract would be fully guaranteed. Not great especially if he's carrying an injury. So to recap, not versatile, injured, expensive. He's an easy cut imo.

19 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This dude looks better than what we have. He was released. 

Riley Patterson Stats Summary | NFL.com

I'd rather have him than what we currently have.  I don't trust Joseph to be anything more than a lower end kicker.  He's got a track record of mediocrity.  Patterson hasn't proven to be anything special yet, but he's younger and has been fairly productive in the limited amount of games he's kicked.  Still, he's been a castoff from multiple organizations.

First surprise for me. I know Gutey loves his 1st year draft picks but I thought Glover was very rough throughout camp. Thought he was a PS candidate all the way. May still end up there but this could be their "stash" player. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

First surprise for me. I know Gutey loves his 1st year draft picks but I thought Glover was very rough throughout camp. Thought he was a PS candidate all the way. May still end up there but this could be their "stash" player. 

Hes got something for sure. Not at tackle so much..