What would you have done differently?

TVScout

One thing that cracks me up about a lot of fans is how for 11 months out of the year, we talk about the importance of BPA, and then Dallas does exactly that in round 2, and people are upset they didn’t pick for need.

Kneeland was 24 spots higher than Benson on the composite big board. And it was a minor need for this year, major one for 2025.

I have zero problem with them making that decision.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

One thing that cracks me up about a lot of fans is how for 11 months out of the year, we talk about the importance of BPA, and then Dallas does exactly that in round 2, and people are upset they didn’t pick for need.

Kneeland was 24 spots higher than Benson on the composite big board. And it was a minor need for this year, major one for 2025.

I don't have a problem with the pick. It was a very solid one. The concern I have is how cavalierly the "leadership" ignored the RB position. I would've been just as fine with passing on a LB in the 3rd and drafting a RB there, as I didn't see the value in that particular pick.

55 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I don't have a problem with the pick. It was a very solid one. The concern I have is how cavalierly the "leadership" ignored the RB position. I would've been just as fine with passing on a LB in the 3rd and drafting a RB there, as I didn't see the value in that particular pick.

I was responding strictly about the 2nd rounder.

Re: Liufau - I don’t really disagree with you. I just don’t feel that strongly about it either. If they evaluated Liufau as a starting LB for 2025, then I’m happy. The likelihood of Corum or Lloyd becoming difference makers we really regret missing out on is extremely low, IMO.

Personally I just didn’t like any of the backs after Brooks and Benson. Once they missed out/passed on those two it was pretty clear they weren’t going to land a difference maker. I know nothing about the 2025 RB crop but the law of averages says it’s likely to be better than this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If he was BPA on their board, I have no issue with it.  He just wasn't someone I had that high (clearly I trust McCay over myself)

8 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Almost all of his sacks are against bad teams:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/4361423/micah-parsons

I could happily engage in a conversation about whether, given the current state of the team and QB situation, we would/should consider an absolutely massive trade offer from another team for Micah.

But if the conversation is about whether or not Micah is one of the best, most impactful, and most feared players in the NFL, I’d rather debate a flat earther. He clearly is. 

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I wonder if they just felt like their chances of finding a running back they were happy with via cuts or trade over the next couple of months was more likely than finding a linebacker prospect they really liked.

Probably felt that LB was a bigger need than RB.  From what I’ve gathered is that hey did not want to risk losing Liufau because they didn’t have another pick for a long time.  Perhaps they didn’t see a situation where a LB could contribute right away in the 5th round and beyond.  And if they think that there worst case scenario is bringing back Zeke who is an elite pass protector but below average runner… I may not agree with it but I understand it.

8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I could happily engage in a conversation about whether, given the current state of the team and QB situation, we would/should consider an absolutely massive trade offer from another team for Micah.

But if the conversation is about whether or not Micah is one of the best, most impactful, and most feared players in the NFL, I’d rather debate a flat earther. He clearly is. 

How valuable is a front seven player who averages 2.5 tackles and .25 sacks per playoff game?

14 minutes ago, TVScout said:

How valuable is a front seven player who averages 2.5 tackles and .25 sacks per playoff game?

Look up the playoff numbers of some of the top edge rushers. Micah isn't far off or right in line with most of them. 

3 hours ago, TVScout said:

How valuable is a conversation about statistics where one of the parties doesn’t understand the concept of sample size?

What do Myles Garrett, TJ Watt, and Micah Parsons have in common? 1 playoff sack. Trade ‘em all, I guess.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

How valuable is a conversation about statistics where one of the parties doesn’t understand the concept of sample size?

What do Myles Garrett, TJ Watt, and Micah Parsons have in common? 1 playoff sack. Trade ‘em all, I guess.

But we only talking about Parsons I guess  🙄🤦‍♂️