What would you have done differently?

TVScout

I wanted to trade Micah for a 1st rounder because his game has evolved into something that doesn't fit with what we need. And  his skill set doesn't fit with being a full time hand in the dirt edge. Trading down for Guyton was a good idea and picking up an extra 3rd was a good idea. 

In order:

1a) Nate Wiggins

1b)  Tyler Guyton

2) Trey Benson

3a) Cooper Beebe

3b) Payton Wilson

5) Logan Lee

No change after that.

Honestly, the only change I would make would be in the third round when there were some legit RBs ripe for the taking.  I know subbing Benson for Kneeland seems like an obvious choice and I would have preferred Benson tbh.  But, the truth is that it’s easier to find RBs than DEs.  And if Kneeland can become our new Tank… it’s a no-brainer to take him over a RB just based on positional value.  Then, we come to Beebe when Corum and Lloyd were both available… and I’m going to give a pass here to for the same reason.  If Beebe projects as our starting center then, we have to take him.  So, the only change I would make would be to sub out Liufau for Lloyd (or ideally work a trade up for Corum).  That being said, I really don’t think it will be too hard to trade for a RB before the start of the season especially as it gets close to final cuts.  

• Like 1

Probably liaufau would be the only thing.

I'm less concerned about the RB piece, there will be people available via cuts or trade.

Mostert, Kamara, Pierce, Javonte Williams, Miles Sanders, Herbert.

The thing I would do differently is what they haven’t done yet.

The fact that they’re even entertaining bringing back Ezekiel Elliott is insane. Unfortunately he has less spring in his legs than Hunter Luepke at this point.

Edited by BigD88

6 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Honestly, the only change I would make would be in the third round when there were some legit RBs ripe for the taking.  I know subbing Benson for Kneeland seems like an obvious choice and I would have preferred Benson tbh.  But, the truth is that it’s easier to find RBs than DEs.  And if Kneeland can become our new Tank… it’s a no-brainer to take him over a RB just based on positional value.  Then, we come to Beebe when Corum and Lloyd were both available… and I’m going to give a pass here to for the same reason.  If Beebe projects as our starting center then, we have to take him.  So, the only change I would make would be to sub out Liufau for Lloyd (or ideally work a trade up for Corum).  That being said, I really don’t think it will be too hard to trade for a RB before the start of the season especially as it gets close to final cuts.  

This is basically exactly how I feel.

I would drafted Jaylen Wright instead of the ND linebacker. Rest of first three rounds I wouldn’t change. Some don’t like the second round pick but the more film I watched I’m pretty happy with the pick. He will be the D-law replacement.

12 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Micah Parsons has 8 solo tackles, 10 assists and 1.0 sack in 4 games in the playoffs in his career.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/micah-parsons-career-postseason-stats

Ineffective.

Outrageous use of a tiny sample size to discredit a guy that’s been a top-2 defensive player in the league every year since he entered it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Agreed-  trade up for Corum rather than take Liufau

11 hours ago, BigD88 said:

The thing I would do differently is what they haven’t done yet.

The fact that they’re even entertaining bringing back Ezekiel Elliott is insane. Unfortunately he has less spring in his legs than Hunter Luepke at this point.

Well well well…

41 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Agreed-  trade up for Corum rather than take Liufau

I wonder if they just felt like their chances of finding a running back they were happy with via cuts or trade over the next couple of months was more likely than finding a linebacker prospect they really liked.