Top 10 teams for 2024

I just saw a list of the top 10 teams 

https://bleacherreport.com/green-bay-packers

This guy had the Packers at 10, Steelers 9, Texans 8, Jets 7, Ravens 6, Eagles 5 Lions 4, Bills 3, 49ers 2, KC 1.

How would you rank them ? Are there other teams that should be in the top 10 ? I wouldn't put the Packers lower than 6th at worst, maybe 2 at best ?       

8 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I just saw a list of the top 10 teams 

https://bleacherreport.com/green-bay-packers

This guy had the Packers at 10, Steelers 9, Texans 8, Jets 7, Ravens 6, Eagles 5 Lions 4, Bills 3, 49ers 2, KC 1.

How would you rank them ? Are there other teams that should be in the top 10 ? I wouldn't put the Packers lower than 6th at worst, maybe 2 at best ?       

1. KC

2. GB

3. Det

4. 49ers

5. Tex

6. Balt

7.  Cin

8. Dal

9. Cle

10. Chi

Eagles still have Siriani, so they suck. Why all the love for Pittsburgh? Those ****ers still believe in Russell Wilson and Justin Fields!  The Jets? GTFOH LOL

Edited by Old Guy

I think the Texans are getting very overrated because they won a horrible division.  Dallas not in the top 10 is just looking for engagement.  I think the Dolphins, Browns and Bengals are better than the Steelers.  Lions, Ravens and Packers are better than the Bills.  Jets are going to go as their QB goes.  A motivated Rodgers probably does get them in the top 10, if he struggles because of the injury, they will be bad, again.  

Give me:  Chiefs, Lions, 9ers, Ravens, Packers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bengals, Bills, Dolphins.  Jets, Browns, and Texans are close.

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think the Texans are getting very overrated because they won a horrible division.  Dallas not in the top 10 is just looking for engagement.  I think the Dolphins, Browns and Bengals are better than the Steelers.  Lions, Ravens and Packers are better than the Bills.  Jets are going to go as their QB goes.  A motivated Rodgers probably does get them in the top 10, if he struggles because of the injury, they will be bad, again.  

Give me:  Chiefs, Lions, 9ers, Ravens, Packers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bengals, Bills, Dolphins.  Jets, Browns, and Texans are close.

Why are the Lions better than us in your opinion? 

Detroit Lions 2023 NFL Depth Chart - ESPN

Lost two starters on the offensive line and have no depth. Decker and Ragnow have had serious injury issues. Their front seven on defense is just OK. Counting on Marcus Davenport to start at DE is fool's gold. Plus, Jared Goff. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Lost two starters on the offensive line and have no depth. Decker and Ragnow have had serious injury issues. Their front seven on defense is just OK. Counting on Marcus Davenport to start at DE is fool's gold. Plus, Jared Goff. 

Just giving them the benefit of the doubt until games are played.  They won the division, and went further in the playoffs.  I think the Lions are going to fall off, I don't think it is going to be this season.  

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Just giving them the benefit of the doubt until games are played.  They won the division, and went further in the playoffs.  I think the Lions are going to fall off, I don't think it is going to be this season.  

I just like arguing with you! 😁

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 7:02 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

But you put them ahead of the 49ers? By the same logic, they should get the benefit of the doubt too.

To my mind both GB and Detroit lost to the same team so who went "farther" isn't very relevant. I think GB had a better shot to beat SF than Detroit did but it's close enough that I'd call it a coin flip.

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

But you put them ahead of the 49ers? By the same logic, they should get the benefit of the doubt too.

To my mind both GB and Detroit lost to the same team so who went "farther" isn't very relevant. I think GB had a better shot to beat SF than Detroit did but it's close enough that I'd call it a coin flip.

Yeah .... Like I mean I don't see them suddenly just dropping off like the old Lions would per se ... But at the same time our guys made such big strides last season that we're back in the running for the NFC North in my opinion.

I think the main thing will be the start for us.  We gotta do better than 3-6 out the gate, and there really is no reason we shouldn't in my opinion.

On 4/29/2024 at 7:56 PM, Old Guy said:

Not to be “that guy” but the only OL the Lions lost was Jonah Jackson at LG. They then signed Kevin Zeitler and moved Glasgow from  RG to LG. Zeitler is older than Jonah but he’s also a pro bowl G and will ease in our rookie OLs.

Lions also added DJ Reader at DT, a massive improvement from Benito Jones, and revamped their horrid secondary with Carlton Davis, 2 of the top 5 CBs in the draft, and Amik Robertson. 

*chants* Ja-red Goff! Ja-red Goff! Ja-red Goff!

I think Green Bay is an ascending team, but I don’t think it’s outrageous to believe Detroit is the better team. 

My top 11-

Reigning Super Bowl Champs:

1. Kansas City Chiefs (Super Bowl champs always start at #1 for me)

Super Bowl Contenders:

2. San Francisco 49ers

3. Baltimore Ravens

4. Detroit Lions

Ascending teams that can break through:

5. Houston Texans

6. Green Bay Packers

Talented rosters but has question marks:

7. LA Rams

8. Philadelphia Eagles

9. Cincinnati Bengals

Playoff teams but have ALOT of question marks:

10. Buffalo Bills

11. Dallas Cowboys

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Not to be “that guy” but the only OL the Lions lost was Jonah Jackson at LG. They then signed Kevin Zeitler and moved Glasgow from  RG to LG. Zeitler is older than Jonah but he’s also a pro bowl G and will ease in our rookie OLs.

Lions also added DJ Reader at DT, a massive improvement from Benito Jones, and revamped their horrid secondary with Carlton Davis, 2 of the top 5 CBs in the draft, and Amik Robertson. 

*chants* Ja-red Goff! Ja-red Goff! Ja-red Goff!

I think Green Bay is an ascending team, but I don’t think it’s outrageous to believe Detroit is the better team. 

My top 11-

Reigning Super Bowl Champs:

1. Kansas City Chiefs (Super Bowl champs always start at #1 for me)

Super Bowl Contenders:

2. San Francisco 49ers

3. Baltimore Ravens

4. Detroit Lions

Ascending teams that can break through:

5. Houston Texans

6. Green Bay Packers

Talented rosters but has question marks:

7. LA Rams

8. Philadelphia Eagles

9. Cincinnati Bengals

Playoff teams but have ALOT of question marks:

10. Buffalo Bills

11. Dallas Cowboys

Zeitler is 34 years old. He's nowhere near a pro-bowl guard any longer. Not sure which rookie prospect you drafted on the o-line who you think is going to be ready this year? 

We will see if the Thanksgiving Day game was an outlier or a trend. I think we passed you but see where you are coming from as a Lions fan. Our biggest improvement was the removal of Joe Barry. 

Side note, are you guys planning on extending Goff prior to the season? 

Edited by Old Guy

38 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Zeitler is 34 years old. He's nowhere near a pro-bowl guard any longer. Not sure which rookie prospect you drafted on the o-line who you think is going to be ready this year? 

We will see if the Thanksgiving Day game was an outlier or a trend. I think we passed you but see where you are coming from as a Lions fan. Our biggest improvement was the removal of Joe Barry. 

Side note, are you guys planning on extending Goff prior to the season? 

Zeitler was a pro bowler just last season 😂 Christian Mahogany was a projected 3rd round OL who the Lions got in round 6. With OL coach Hank Fraley,  I could see him starting next season, hence “easing in”. 

I don’t see one game as “passed by” but I get it the hopefulness from your fans. Like I said, I see your team on the rise. 

Our biggest improvement will come from losing no one of significance and bringing back a hungry team with laser focus (including Ben Johnson). 

Goff is working on an extension. I think it’ll be around 2-3 years. If they can’t get it worked out, there is always a franchise tag which if I read correctly, would be around $40 million. We will get a chance to see what Hendon Hooker has this training camp and preseason.