Post-draft 2024 NFC West predictions

Post-draft 2024 NFC West predictions   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC West in 2024

• Arizona Cardinals
    • Los Angeles Rams
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Seattle Seahawks

Well with the 2024 draft in the books and the rosters largely set, who do you expect wins the NFC West this upcoming season?

Will the 49ers avoid the Super Bowl hangover or will one of their division rivals come out on top? 

Whatever the case, I expect the division to be a bloodbath next year.

Given how competitive the Cardinals were last year at times and their draft haul, I think they can be between 7-10 wins next year if Murray stays healthy (big if there).

I have no idea what to expect from Seattle, but thinking similarly that they can be between 7-10 wins depending on a few factors.

The Niners will be very good, but they were lucky (for them) on the injury front last year, and something just feels a little off....I almost see a bizarre repeat of the Eagles season last year where they just underperform, but still win 11 games and make the wildcard.

And then I think we take the division. The past few years I started the Rams with two automatic losses to the Niners, but this year we've invested on the OL and DL, and for the first time in forever, it feels like we can compete with them physically.

Maybe it's just me, but how much have the 9ers improved, actually?

Greenlaw is out for the year. They did not add to an Oline which is "Trent Williams and friends." They lost Armstead who was a leader. They also have a new DC.

On the plus, Purdy has a full offseason, but I'm not sure if he can improve statistically from an already outstanding season.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's shooting to return week one. 

My expectation is he starts on pup and is back week 7 though 

Yea.. week one is optimistic. 

I also am now reading Achilles are faster recoveries than I remember.

1 minute ago, General Tso said:

Yea.. week one is optimistic. 

I also am now reading Achilles are faster recoveries than I remember.

Yeah. Cam Akers was back in about 5.5 months.  Greenlaw will have roughly 7 months. I'd give him the 2 extra months, personally...especially if the bye week is early. 

Not sure I'd count on him being 100% all next year, but we'll see. While I think players are returning earlier, i still think it's basically a 2 year recovery. 

I think this division is going to be rather interesting. I have the Rams winning it bc I think their offense will be even better than it was last season. Kupp is healthy, Puka will be better (not statistically but more experienced), I think we see more of development with the tight end David Allen, the OL is upgraded to where I think it could be a top 5 unit. Kyren and Corum will be a very good 1-2 punch. The issue last season was when Kyren was out the drop off was huge. You wont get that now bc Corum is basically Kyren 2.0. And then the emergence of Robinson helped the passing game and Tutu also will still make plays when called upon. Stafford is still at the top of his game which will make the offense scary.

The defense I think will be better than it was last season. Thats saying something bc they had Donald last season. Obviously he is retired but I think from front to back the defense is complete. Its versatile too. The Rams could end up have the best safety duo in the division with Curl and Kinchens just from them making plays. The Rams had a hard time forcing turnovers so I think they upgraded with guys who can take the ball away. The key is going to be the health of White. If White can stay healthy and be close to what we know he can be the Rams have their lockdown corner. And then the special teams I do love them going out getting Karty. Not asking him to be perfect bc I know he will miss a kick but I want him to be consistent. Make the kicks you suppose to make and come through most of the time with the kicks that are harder or just clutch kicks. But I feel like I no longer have to feel unease when the Rams send the kicker out. Last season the Rams poor kicking cost them games. Karty was a huge upgrade.

I have the Niners finishing 2nd and grabbing a wildcard spot. I think the Superbowl hangover is real. Niners fans know what happened the last time the Niners entered the following season after a Superbowl run. It wasnt pretty. Injuries happened and it already has technically with losing Greenlaw. CMC stayed healthy last season so fingers crossed he can do it again but last season was such a grind on him. Not to mention its going to be interesting to see how the defense will be after losing certain guys and having a new defensive coordinator. I think the Niners have to get the Aiyuk situation figured out and one has to think Deebo has to know he could be on the way out either during the season or in the offseason so maybe that could be somewhat of a distraction. Not to mention the pressure will be even more on Purdy bc the expectation is even higher. So again I do think the Niners will make the playoffs but I think they dont have as smooth of a season this season as they had last season bc its going to be tougher.

I have the Cards finishing 3rd and could even push for a wildcard spot. They had a great draft. Most say one of the best drafts. A healthy Murray alone makes them better but then you add MHJ who is going to be special. I see Murray and MHJ being a deadly combo. So Im just saying dont sleep on the Cards. 

The Seahawks will finish last. I think they got a great player in Murphy and its going to be interesting to see how the new coach shapes this defense. He had the Ravens defense playing great. I just think Geno isnt going to last past this season and its going to show. Not saying he has been terrible for the Seahawks. He has definitely been really good. I just feel like the Seahawks wont be as good as the Rams, Niners, and Cards. It will easily be shown as the QB is the biggest reason. The Seahawks will go into the draft next season and go get one of the top QBs and then we will see how they take off after that. But they will be competitive I just dont think they will be better than the rest of the teams in the division. There is a ceiling but its only finishing in 3rd place. I cant see them winning the division of finishing 2nd. 

2 hours ago, General Tso said:

Maybe it's just me, but how much have the 9ers improved, actually?

Greenlaw is out for the year. They did not add to an Oline which is "Trent Williams and friends." They lost Armstead who was a leader. They also have a new DC.

On the plus, Purdy has a full offseason, but I'm not sure if he can improve statistically from an already outstanding season.

How much did the team actually improve? I mean how much was there to improve, realistically? They could have gotten a stud tackle but they would have had to trade up in the top 15 and gotten rid of Aiyuk. Would that have made the team better? The team will have relatively the same strengths and flaws of last season. The WR and CB depth certainly looks better but overall the team is going to be largely the same as last season. 

I don't think the DL was great last season and I don't think the net additions we made will change that. Maybe the additions will stay healthier but production wise? It should be the same.

The LB depth is certainly questionable. Greenlaw will not be out for the entire season, but I think you should not expect him back until week 8 or so. We did draft two LBs last year and one this year so let's see if one of them can emerge. The one position this regime has been good at fighting late round/UDFA talent at has been the LB spot. 

Purdy will get to actually workout this offseason opposed to last offseason. How much will he improve statistically? Likely not much at all, if anything. But he can still be a better player and put up similar stats. 

The offense is still stacked and the defense still has a lot of top talent where they will be one of the top 3-5 contenders to win the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I still expect it to be 49ers and Rams. 

Yep and even if Seattle and Arizona improve (unlikely for Seattle IMO, likely for Arizona)....the schedules shouldn't be quite as ridiculous as last year. From week 1-14, we only played two games against a team that ended up with a losing record (Arizona twice).

• Like 1

The Niners could get a good bit worse and still be the favorites in the NFC West. Their roster on paper is still the best in the NFC. The Rams have done a solid job of getting some youth on defense, but losing Donald is by far the biggest loss of the offseason in that division. They should be a playoff contender, but I don't see them as division favorites unless their young players take huge leaps or the Niners deal with a lot of injuries.

Seattle and Arizona are praying to be Wild Card participants imo. Not real contenders.

• Like 2

I have no idea. A lot of unknowns. No donald, no Rah and a younger team. Donald masked so many of our holes it was disgusting. Turner, Puka and the secondary will have to turn up to a whole new level. I do think Verse is the real deal and can get up to 12 sacks this year. He just seems built to be a force multiplier. I’m not sold on Fisker, he graded out to be in the top of the elite in the elite in Ras. But meh, high motor type of guy. I really believe our offense will be way better as it was the best when everyone was healthy. 
I love the Corum pick. He’s just nasty and loves the game. I think we’ll be a smash mouth type of team that will run it down your throats and slice you up in the short game. But an injury to staff and we’re toast. Kupp hasn’t been healthy since his magical season. Besides an elite running game and a superb Wr there’s still many questions. Do we have a TE? 

Mcvay should squeeze out 10-12 wins from this roster on just coaching and development. But it really relies how we start, health and how good the defense is. For me it’s the Niners for sure. I love Purdy and think he’s freaking awesome. Kyle has a superb well oiled machine for the regular season. Come playoff time he chokes. But the dude is a mastermind and built a heck of a roster. 

Seattle has scary potential. AZ is a few drafts always, Kyler needs way more help. But adding MH,Jr is going to be phenomenal. Seattle can be really good or really bad. But without a QB they’ll always be held back. 

3 hours ago, El Ramster said:

I have no idea. A lot of unknowns. No donald, no Rah and a younger team. Donald masked so many of our holes it was disgusting. Turner, Puka and the secondary will have to turn up to a whole new level. I do think Verse is the real deal and can get up to 12 sacks this year. He just seems built to be a force multiplier. I’m not sold on Fisker, he graded out to be in the top of the elite in the elite in Ras. But meh, high motor type of guy. I really believe our offense will be way better as it was the best when everyone was healthy. 
I love the Corum pick. He’s just nasty and loves the game. I think we’ll be a smash mouth type of team that will run it down your throats and slice you up in the short game. But an injury to staff and we’re toast. Kupp hasn’t been healthy since his magical season. Besides an elite running game and a superb Wr there’s still many questions. Do we have a TE? 

Mcvay should squeeze out 10-12 wins from this roster on just coaching and development. But it really relies how we start, health and how good the defense is. For me it’s the Niners for sure. I love Purdy and think he’s freaking awesome. Kyle has a superb well oiled machine for the regular season. Come playoff time he chokes. But the dude is a mastermind and built a heck of a roster. 

Seattle has scary potential. AZ is a few drafts always, Kyler needs way more help. But adding MH,Jr is going to be phenomenal. Seattle can be really good or really bad. But without a QB they’ll always be held back. 

I think you're a bit too low on us here. There arent going to be too many offenses better than ours with the OL, Stafford, Puka and the run game.

On defense...Donald was great last year, but not the AD of old. The secondary is massively upgraded over what we had last year, and it's logical that Turner/Young would improve year one to year two - if Verse and Fiske make an impact, it's likely that our front 7 will also be improved over last year as well.

Some people are sleeping on us because of Donald but it's going to be a completely different look