How would you have felt if Bears did this instead

Kept Justin Fields 

Traded out of the 1 spot to the Patriots for their 3rd pick, their second round, third round and next years 1st. 

Drafted Marvin Harrison Jr at 3. And then traded up from 9th to 5th to draft Malik Nabers. (BTW this means we never get Keenan Allen) 

So this is our offense 

QB: Fields 

RB: Swift 

WR1: DJ Moore 

WR2: MHJ 

WR3: Malik Nabers 

TE: Kmet 

Then in the second and 3rd rounds we draft more O linemen to protect fields. So at minimum we have a lot of talent at O line to battle it out. 

We already had all these arguments ad nauseum all winter.  "Haul" or Caleb Williams.

No sense rehashing it all.  Bears chose Caleb Williams.  If he busts you can revisit it and say I told you so.

• Like 3

It sounds like even the people that were in favor of that have moved on and are pulling for Caleb. 

Really hope Fields puts it together but choosing for a higher upside QB was the better move.  I LOVED Fields but unless nearly everyone is wrong about Caleb the move was obvious before the season was over.

Wasn't fun to get there but we got there and are feeling optimistic. 

• Like 2

I'd have been hoping the season blew up. I like Fields but I have zero confidence that he ever becomes a franchise QB at this point. To have 1.1 two consecutive drafts and to come away without a high rated prospect? Nah.

Nope.  All of that is moot if you dont have the QB.  I love Fields, but he just wasn’t it.  Not all his fault, but it is what it is at this point.  Those would be some damn good weapons for him though.  

But, the route they did go also sets our QB up with some great weapons.  The potential of Williams is wayyy greater than Fields.  

There’s no such thing as a perfect offseason, but the Bears came pretty damn close imo.

• Like 2