53-Man Roster Projection: Post-Draft Edition

So how many OL will they carry, 9 or 10?

Tackles - Darrisaw, Oneill, Quessenberry, Rouse

Guards - Brandel, Ingram, Risner

Centers - Bradbury, ???

Seems to be a Jurgens vs Feeney battle for that last spot. Really helps Jurgens he has game experience at center and OG.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Centers - Bradbury, ???

Seems to be a Jurgens vs Feeney battle for that last spot. Really helps Jurgens he has game experience at center and OG.

9. With Feeney being the odd man out.

If Brandel wins the LG job, then Risner is going to have to prove some position versatility in order to earn a roster spot. If he does, then there’s no reason to roster Feeney. If Risner takes the LG job from Brandel, then there’s no reason to roster Feeney. 

OT - Darrisaw, O’Neill, Quessenberry, Rouse

OG - Brandel, Ingram, Risner/Feeney

OC - Bradbury, Jurgens 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

9. With Feeney being the odd man out.

If Brandel wins the LG job, then Risner is going to have to prove some position versatility in order to earn a roster spot. If he does, then there’s no reason to roster Feeney. If Risner takes the LG job from Brandel, then there’s no reason to roster Feeney. 

OT - Darrisaw, O’Neill, Quessenberry, Rouse

OG - Brandel, Ingram, Risner/Feeney

OC - Bradbury, Jurgens 

If you're keeping Jurgens, I see no reason to keep Feeney over Risner, even if Risner can only play LG. Even at only LG, Risner is a significantly better IDL than Dan Feeney. 

I guess my opinion of Feeney is lower than most people. To me, he's just a veteran placeholder. I also would like to see more of Henry Byrd this summer as well. 

I would even think if they cut Feeney, he would accept a veteran PS slot; so at least you'll have that "break the glass need a veteran center" emergency still in the org. 

4 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Centers - Bradbury, ???

Way too early to tell, but have read/heard Jurgens looks promising. Perhaps our center of the future? 

2 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Way too early to tell, but have read/heard Jurgens looks promising. Perhaps our center of the future? 

Kwesi and the staff really liked Jurgens. So, I dunno. We'll see!

That said, most impactful way to improve the team next offseason could be signing someone like Creed Humphrey. So I wouldn't put it past them to do go big somewhere on the OL with the money they have available. 

Top Ten Tight End Rosters:

1. Kansas City Chiefs
Travis Kelce, Noah Gray, Irv Smith Jr., Jared Wiley

2. Baltimore Ravens
Mark Andrews, Isaiah Likely, Charlie Kolar, Scotty Washington

3. Buffalo Bills
Dalton Kincaid, Dawson Knox, Quintin Morris, Zach Davidson

4. San Francisco 49ers
George Kittle, Cameron Latu, Eric Saubert, Brayden Willis

5. Detroit Lions
Sam LaPorta, Brock Wright, James Mitchell, Shane Zylstra

6. Jacksonville Jaguars
Evan Engram, Luke Farrell, Brenton Strange, Josiah Deguara

7. Las Vegas Raiders
Brock Bowers, Michael Mayer, Harrison Bryant, Zach Gentry

8. Cleveland Browns
David Njoku, Jordan Akins, Giovanni Ricci, Zaire Mitchell-Paden

9. Minnesota Vikings
T.J. Hockenson, Josh Oliver, Johnny Mundt, Robert Tonyan

10. New England Patriots
Hunter Henry, Austin Hooper, Mitchell Wilcox, Jaheim Bell

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/ranking-every-nfl-team-tight-end-rooms-minnesota-vikings-tj-hockenson

Byron Murphy Jr:

"I don't think I'm going anywhere. That's my mindset. I want to stay here. I love this place. I gotta say since I've been here since day one, I fell in love so I don't want to go nowhere. I want to stay here for the rest of my career. Love these guys in this locker room, everything about this place is great. So I'm gonna try to work my *** off to stay here for sure."

"Right now, I'm just locked in and you know, I'm gonna, you know God wants to take care of all those things. I'm gonna just come by or keep playing ball but obviously, I want to stay here. I want to keep you know making noise running so I can stay and get their attention for sure."

MinnesotaVikingsPro.com

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Byron Murphy Jr:

"I don't think I'm going anywhere. That's my mindset. I want to stay here. I love this place. I gotta say since I've been here since day one, I fell in love so I don't want to go nowhere. I want to stay here for the rest of my career. Love these guys in this locker room, everything about this place is great. So I'm gonna try to work my *** off to stay here for sure."

"Right now, I'm just locked in and you know, I'm gonna, you know God wants to take care of all those things. I'm gonna just come by or keep playing ball but obviously, I want to stay here. I want to keep you know making noise running so I can stay and get their attention for sure."

MinnesotaVikingsPro.com

Certainly beats having to pay for your own meals...

• Like 1

Unfortunately for undrafted rookie wide receiver Devron Harper, he won't be joining the Vikings when they begin their training camp in a few weeks. On Monday, according to multiple reports, Minnesota made the decision to waive Harper.

Harper was signed by the Vikings shortly after the conclusion of the 2024 NFL Draft in April, and unless a team claims him on waivers, he will become a free agent and be able to sign with any franchise in the league.

https://thevikingage.com/posts/minnesota-vikings-waive-devron-harper-after-2024-otas?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3l0N9qeBbxwnjUlotLlxV8NjdlAmLjCDfCxeBg-KdwusuptFfvdawz3l8_aem_E6mUwCAHb8mqVBfLCht4-g

Jalen Redmond joins the Vikings after playing for the UFL’s Arlington Renegades this spring. He played four games and recorded 18 tackles, five tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks.

He originally entered the NFL in 2023 with Carolina, signing as an undrafted free agent out of Oklahoma. He spent the offseason program with the Panthers but was waived last August.

As a Sooner, Redmond posted 71 tackles, 31.5 tackles for loss, 14 sacks, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries in starting 19 of 36 games played from 2018-22.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-sign-dl-jalen-redmond-cut-wr-devron-harper