2024 EC Semifinals: (2) New York Knicks v (6) Indiana Pacers

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

You can't call it, but it was correct. But with that little time left it's BS. But in 2nd quarter it's ok. But if it's your superstar's 3rd or 4th foul there, probably should let it slide. But also if you don't call it at all at any point, most won't care too.

Basically, whatever happens it's all good homie, but also maybe total BS if you are on the other side.

It was a terrible call. Brunson was flopping like crazy to end. 2 bad fouls before the inbound was the difference here. Just bad basketball with bad reffing. Pacers will wear them out, too many bodies. They won’t keep up the pace. Unless they finish the pacers in the 6. This looks to be an upset. 

Just now, Mossburg said:

I'm complaining in the most neutral way possible, that the way the NBA has the refs call games makes many situations a joke, because most calls are literally guess work and depends on <insert whatever context from whatever perspective>.

I mean yeah the refs suck, they fluff outcomes, I'm sure a lot of them are gambling, that's the unfortunate reality of the sport. Sometimes you get ****ed and it suxks and it's frustrating but that's just how they xall this ****.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Sixers had way more size on him and still couldn't. 

Tobias? A one legged Joel? Who? Jackson was destroying you guys early… Need more Obi and TJ out there. Nembhard and Naismith didn’t do much for me this game. 

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean yeah the refs suck, they fluff outcomes, I'm sure a lot of them are gambling, that's the unfortunate reality of the sport. Sometimes you get ****ed and it suxks and it's frustrating but that's just how they xall this ****.

I complained about it for years, but the way the officials work in most games, they try to catch everything and just guess and it's dumb and bad for the game and the audience. There are outlier playoff games where they let the players play and it is a lot more fun to watch. Basically most of these should be obvious no calls, unless the ref can clearly see a blatant violation. Not commenting on that particular play to discredit NYK, just generally speaking. On that particular play, the ridiculousness is that you don't expect that to be called,  but it's technically correct.

17 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

A call that a ref should not make in that situation, but is the correct call and was upheld.

NBA is amazing.

remember the NCAA women's title game outrage

6 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I complained about it for years, but the way the officials work in most games, they try to catch everything and just guess and it's dumb and bad for the game and the audience. There are outlier playoff games where they let the players play and it is a lot more fun to watch. Basically most of these should be obvious no calls, unless the ref can clearly see a blatant violation. Not commenting on that particular play to discredit NYK, just generally speaking. On that particular play, the ridiculousness is that you don't expect that to be called,  but it's technically correct.

The Jalen block on Myles was 100% a foul too. Hit him with his body moving in the air and they over turned it? lol. Pretty wild, that was the definition of “marginal contact”. You can’t not call that and call a moving screen with 14 seconds left. That’s nutty. It’s expected yes but my goodness! 

• Like 1

F that. The warriors dynasty wouldn’t exist without those screens. Aweful call. You’re gonna tell me that ain’t a common screen in the NBA? Bam has never set a legal screen in his life. That was hideous. Credit to the Knick’s for winning. But nah not like this. The more I looked at it the more infuriated I become. Cut my nipples and douse me with acid then set me on fire! It wouldn’t hurt as much. 

25 minutes ago, squire12 said:

remember the NCAA women's

Said no one ever.

If every girl on the court simultaneously combusted into dust, it'd still not create a strong enough memory in my mind for me to recall something involving women's basketball.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Armbar said:

Said no one ever.

If every girl on the court simultaneously combusted into dust, it'd still not create a strong enough memory in my mind for me to recall something involving women's basketball.

Bizarre thing to say completely and utterly unprompted about a sporting event 21 million people watched because you're a sexist weirdo but okay.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Bizarre thing to say completely and utterly unprompted about a sporting event 21 million people watched because you're a sexist weirdo but okay.

It's not sexist to think women's basketball is a bleh product. I guess we'll be seeing you at the WNBA games this year since you're a big fan?