FF Survivor 4: Reading the Votes

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, adamq said:

@MacReady there should be some kind of schedule or matchups set at least. Forcing our team to come up with a challenge and also organize it is a weird reward

This one's not on me.

The deadline to come up with a challenge was Monday and I said I wouldn't post anything until Monday. I said it was alright if you guys wanted to move things along before then. 

Also, I believe Touch was the one who said players would have to challenge other players. 

After the blowback over Pokemon (which I would have received had I accepted or declined it as the challenge), I just let you guys roll with what you wanted to do until today.

Edited by MacReady
  • Like 1

Here's where we're at. Jeff will take flack for the Pokemon thing. Call it a bad attempt to make sure things are fair, call it bias against stupid Pokemon, but don't call it tribal bias. I'm done with that and I'll ignore all accusations of it henceforth. Frankly, it's irritating. If you want to say that in your mind and use it for motivation, go right ahead, but I don't want to hear it because I personally think it's an offensive and illegitimate attempt to delegitimate my best attempt to present a fair game. Either way, I'm sorry about friggin Pokemon, but let's move on. I get how demoralizing that could be if you genuinely feel that's what the reward entailed. The truth is, I only threw in the ability to pick your own challenge in case paper rock scissors/Emoji Mad Gab/high score in a computer video game didn't seem fun or fair. I'm going for fun and fair here. I was expecting chess or checkers or poker or something of that nature. I about added in a disclaimer of nothing niche, something everyone had an equal chance of winning, but I felt that was assumed. 

The pace of this challenge... That one I can't rightly apologize for. I said I would post it Monday. Had way too much going on over the weekend (and nothing fun). 

For better or worse, we will get through this challenge. I spent a good deal of time going through and refining every additional challenge and eliminating any potential controversy. 

Nutterbutters: 2
Whicker Bickers: 0

@Daboyle, @Scoundrel, @ET80, @skywindO2, @bcb1213 have yet to compete for the Nutter Butters.

@Whicker, @theuntouchable, @TedLavie, @Slappy Mc and @The Orca have not yet played. 

If the Nutter Butters did not designate a player to sit out, that delegation at this point rests on the Whickers Bickers. 

It seems Touch has instilled a challenge model. We'll stick with what touch designated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

If the Nutter Butters did not designate a player to sit out, that delegation at this point rests on the Whickers Bickers. 

Well we agreed that the one we didnt send out would sit out.

If that was a sticking point, to avoid controversy, we will reveal the sitting out player as Toucan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Well we agreed that the one we didnt send out would sit out.

If that was a sticking point, to avoid controversy, we will reveal the sitting out player as Toucan

I honestly didn’t know/remember if that had been decided.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I honestly didn’t know/remember if that had been decided.

It was a lot of pages ago, but im good with just posting who it is because it really doesnt matter anyway. So you can mark down toucan

• MacReady changed the title to FF Survivor 4: Reading the Votes