2023 stats that surprise you

• Evan Engram was 4th in the league in receptions with 114
  • Josh Allen and Jalen hurts were tied for 2nd in the league in rushing TD's with 15
  • Bobby Wagner tied his career high in total tackles with 164
  • Dak led the league in TD passes with 36
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:
  •  
  • Josh Allen and Jalen hurts were tied for 2nd in the league in rushing TD's with 15
  •  

Add in Allen throwing the 5th most TDs with 29 and I still can't understand how he wasn't MVP. He had 15 more total TDs than Jackson and 300 more total yards, just wasn't on near as good a team.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Add in Allen throwing the 5th most TDs with 29 and I still can't understand how he wasn't MVP. He had 15 more total TDs than Jackson and 300 more total yards, just wasn't on near as good a team.

Week 16 is when everyone made their decisions and he had a bad game. The guy who had 24 total TD and 14 turnovers heading into week 16 had 5 TD and no turnovers in a blowout win so he won by default. Not sure why, it's a sexy pick I guess. I don't think a QB was the MVP but voters pretty much only vote for them.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Lamar was the weakest MVP we've had in quite some time.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Because turnovers are more important than touchdowns! Especially when like 5-6 of them are on 3rd and long  and are arm punts ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Week 16 is when everyone made their decisions and he had a bad game. The guy who had 24 total TD and 14 turnovers heading into week 16 had 5 TD and no turnovers in a blowout win so he won by default. Not sure why, it's a sexy pick I guess. I don't think a QB was the MVP but voters pretty much only vote for them.

I get recency bias, but still, wow. Allen put up 400 yards and 3 TDs in week 18, that's crazy production.

Still a poor pick IMO. Not that my opinion matters in the slightest. Oh well.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Lamar was the weakest MVP we've had in quite some time.

Agreed. He was 5th on my list.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Because turnovers are more important than touchdowns! Especially when like 5-6 of them are on 3rd and long  and are arm punts ! 

Allen also had .4 seconds less (a lot) time per pass attempt, was pressured at a higher level and sacked on 4% of dropbacks (about half of Lamar).

Most voters don't do deep dives (or watch games) which is obvious when 49 of 50 voters voted the same way. No way Dak/Purdy/McCaffrey/Tyreek shouldn't have had some votes and Allen should have had more than 1.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Allen also had .4 seconds less (a lot) time per pass attempt, was pressured at a higher level and sacked on 4% of dropbacks (about half of Lamar).

Most voters don't do deep dives (or watch games) which is obvious when 49 of 50 voters voted the same way. No way Dak/Purdy/McCaffrey/Tyreek shouldn't have had some votes and Allen should have had more than 1.

They got some second team votes etc. The trend for the past half decade or so is give the award to the most impressive no.1 seed QB. Look at who the Ravens beat and tell me he didn't have the best season.

AFC north is the first division since 1935 to have a division where every team finished with a winning record. *Best division in football baby*

The panthers literally never had a lead the entire season (Both wins came on walk off field goals)

Leonard Williams set the NFL record for most games played in a regular season (18)

The texans became the first team *Ever* to win the division with a rookie QB and first year head coach.

The Packers tied the NFL record for most seasons appearing in the NFL playoffs since the NFL AFL merger with the Dallas cowboys at 36 seasons. Also the youngest team to make the playoffs on average since the merger.

1 hour ago, Xmad said:

The trend for the past half decade or so is give the award to the most impressive no.1 seed QB.

Not in 2023 or the guy with by far the best rating would have won it. He also averaged nearly a yard and a half more per pass attempt than the next guy. Purdy was statistically easily the most accomplished QB in 2023. Allen was probably the most valuable to his team. Lamar had big blowout wins against the Lions and Dolphins, the other 14 games Lamar had 20 total TD and 13 turnovers.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Not in 2023 or the guy with by far the best rating would have won it. He also averaged nearly a yard and a half more per pass attempt than the next guy. Purdy was statistically easily the most accomplished QB in 2023. Allen was probably the most valuable to his team. Lamar had big blowout wins against the Lions and Dolphins, the other 14 games Lamar had 20 total TD and 13 turnovers.

Yeah it's not like Brock purdy threw 4 INTS in a prime time game against the other QB and looked like a non functional QB and is on a very stacked team. 

Allen had the most turnovers in the league by a solid margin as well. (18 INTS and 7 fumbles) 

Also QB rating/=/playing like an MVP and carrying your team. Brock Purdy on the ravens is a bottom 10 offense, Lamar on the 49ers is the no.1 offense. 

7 hours ago, Angleae said:

The Las Vegas Raiders committed the fewest penalties of any team.

We definitely had the least as soon as Pierce took over. I'm not sure where we ranked prior. It's incredible really.