Raiders sign OL Andrus Peat

I like this signing as a depth player who could push some of the young guns. Right now our OL is:

Miller - Parham - James - JPJ - Munford

We signed Cody Whitehair earlier and now Peat. It sounds like Peat has been mostly a G but played some LT and RT? 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's his best position these days? Is he still a capable starter or simply a depth piece?

6th lineman is ideal. He’s got experience at both tackle and guard positions. he isn’t likely to be a glaring hole for defenses to attack. he’s got decent run blocking ability when he’s out in space and has put together some nice wrecking ball blocks when he’s moving in the open 

• Like 3

On 5/6/2024 at 6:40 PM, Dome said:

He was quite underrated by saints fans when he was here INO 

As I answered the question in our forum, he's good when he's good, but absolutely infuriating when he's not.  I feel he's the same caliber as James Hurst was.  A guy that you start and can be a journeyman so you aren't upset if he's the starter, but you definitely hope your team can find a franchise guy to replace him if possible.

I think he'll sneak into the starting line-up for the Raiders this year only because he'll be more consistent than their young guys, but it will also help them develop watching what he does that they don't do in the long run.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Raves said:

As I answered the question in our forum, he's good when he's good, but absolutely infuriating when he's not.  I feel he's the same caliber as James Hurst was.  A guy that you start and can be a journeyman so you aren't upset if he's the starter, but you definitely hope your team can find a franchise guy to replace him if possible.

I think he'll sneak into the starting line-up for the Raiders this year only because he'll be more consistent than their young guys, but it will also help them develop watching what he does that they don't do in the long run.

Did he play any right tackle? That is the only spot in (technical) flux on the OL. We have a young starter there with a 3rd round backup and now Peat. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Did he play any right tackle? That is the only spot in (technical) flux on the OL. We have a young starter there with a 3rd round backup and now Peat. 

as a rookie he started games at all OL positions other than C.

pretty much his entire time in NOLA he would bounce around as needed to fill in for injury, generally replacing an OT and sliding someone else to G. He was the starting guard but his role as “fill-in” often took precedence over his “main” position.

he hasn’t started at RT since 2018 but does have several starts at the position, as well as sliding over mid game multiple times as well

Edited by Dome
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dome said:

as a rookie he started games at all OL positions other than C.

pretty much his entire time in NOLA he would bounce around as needed to fill in for injury, generally replacing an OT and sliding someone else to G. He was the starting guard but his role as “fill-in” often took precedence over his “main” position.

he hasn’t started at RT since 2018 but does have several starts at the position, as well as sliding over mid game multiple times as well

We haven't had much luck with OL depth/spot starters in a while so I'll take it.

Depth was sorely needed and if he can cover all but C then good....Former 1st round pick that played but not to the draft status...Sounds good to me