Mandatory Minicamp (6.4 - 6.6) | OTAs (6.10 - 6.13)

5 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Alec Lewis

@alec_lewis

Robert Tonyan has looked great in minicamp. No hyperbole. Catching everything, snagged multiple passes in red-zone period today, outstretched arms, toe-tapping in corner of the end zone. Just impressive.

3:21 PM · Jun 5, 2024

·

I guess I dont know how to copy and paste embedded tweets anymore.

We had to tell Steve how to do it last week I believe, so it's in a thread here somewhere recently.  🤣

7 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Alec Lewis

@alec_lewis

Robert Tonyan has looked great in minicamp. No hyperbole. Catching everything, snagged multiple passes in red-zone period today, outstretched arms, toe-tapping in corner of the end zone. Just impressive.

3:21 PM · Jun 5, 2024

·

I guess I dont know how to copy and paste embedded tweets anymore.

1. Copy the link (the "<" looking thing with 3 dots on the corners)

2. In the link, change "x" to "Twitter"

3. Cut the link 

4. Paste the link, and then "post as plain text" when prompted

7 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm only about an inch shorter than N'Keal and was 240 about a year ago at this time (I'm at about 220 now), so I can play WR now instead of TE.  Let's ride!  😂

What’s your 40? 😆 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

minus the rest break he'd take halfway through...?

That sounds about right.  I'm more of an endurance runner anyway...I'm the perfect example of the tortoise.  I won't get there fast, but I'll get there.  🤣

• Like 1

Slightly off topic....but who plays in the pre season games? How much do you risk Darnold or McCarthy getting hurt behind back up OL? Normally the starter only plays less than half the time, but Darnold hasn't been in the system....OTOH, McCarthy isn't the normal backup that you just put out there?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Slightly off topic....but who plays in the pre season games? How much do you risk Darnold or McCarthy getting hurt behind back up OL? Normally the starter only plays less than half the time, but Darnold hasn't been in the system....OTOH, McCarthy isn't the normal backup that you just put out there?

I'd imagine that we won't see the starters like Darnold.  I do still think they put McCarthy out there because he still needs the live reps regardless of who the OL is because he's a rookie. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt, but you can't have him not get live reps just because he's the future...he needs to be out there to get grasp of the speed of the game. I'd expect that he'll get the 2nd team OL though, instead of the 3rd team OL.  It's a much easier risk to take to have either Mullens or Hall play behind the 3rd team OL because they already have experience. 

• Like 3

Who else should fans be keeping their eyes on?

Two names.

One defender and one skill player.

Theo Jackson and Ty Chandler.

Countless staffers and players brought up Jackson’s name this week. He filled in for some of safety Cam Bynum’s first-team snaps when he left the field for a brief rest. Metellus even said, “I’ve been telling (Jackson) for a few weeks, ‘You’ve been balling.’”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5547122/2024/06/07/vikings-minicamp-jj-mccarthy-sam-darnold/

• Like 1