Mandatory Minicamp (6.4 - 6.6) | OTAs (6.10 - 6.13)

On 5/21/2024 at 6:28 PM, SteelKing728 said:

We need Nailor to step up this season.

If Nailor stays healthy, I see him not only as return man but field stretcher in 4 WR sets, like we kind of tried to do with that former eagles 1st rnd pick whom name escapes my mind. J. Rainer?

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 9:40 PM, adamq said:

Sam Darnold gets so much hate because of his time in NY, but he is actually a decent enough QB. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts and wins some games with this offense.  Do you guys think JJ ends up the week 1 starter?

No. Week 7 at earliest but most likely not til late in the year after we eliminated by playoffs. I prefer it this way as well.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, vikes635 said:

likely not til late in the year after we eliminated by playoffs

And also, not until the offensive line shows it is competent enough for a young QB to play behind without substantial risk of ruining the young QB. That is mostly a statement about the interior of the offensive line at the moment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sir Fobos said:

Talking politics in a football forum is like pissing in someone's Wheaties.

At least it wasn't the Wheaties box with Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner on it.  That would have raised the stakes.  😂

Posted (edited)

@Ozzy

STOP. 

We don't discuss politics, in any way, shape, or form on the forum, plain and simple. 

"You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs."

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/guidelines/ 

Edited by VikeManDan
Post on previous page was deleted.
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

@Ozzy

STOP. 

We don't discuss politics, in any way, shape, or form on the forum, plain and simple. 

"You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs."

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/guidelines/ 

32 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

C'mon man...

1aa1blank.jpg

If people can't help themselves but to post political content on a football forum, let's see some bans.

22 minutes ago, Duluther said:

1aa1blank.jpg

If people can't help themselves but to post political content on a football forum, let's see some bans.

we all need to just move on and let our mod take care of the situation.

only the site Webmaster can administer a ban, he doesn't even want mods recommending ones to him.

as members, when we join, we agree to follow the rule structure of the site.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

During the Minnesota Vikings’ organized team activities this spring, Flores’ defense has aligned with a single-high safety then dispersed into a Cover 2 look. It has shown man coverage before drifting into a Cover 3 zone. It works frequently, and players like cornerback Jaylin Williams will dive for a ball, deflect it away and celebrate with teammates.

4. With Danielle Hunter having left for Houston, there are fewer Vikings players trotting across the practice fields who look like they could win a UFC heavyweight fight. One of them who does, however, is Jerry Tillery.

Tillery’s role remains uncertain. Harrison Phillips and Jonathan Bullard will likely man the interior defensive line spots on run-specific downs, but Tillery’s twitch might make sense in certain packages.

7. Akayleb Evans played outside cornerback for most of last week’s OTA practice available to media members, but second-year corner Mekhi Blackmon garnered most of the snaps Wednesday. After one pass breakup, he even jawed with receiver Brandon Powell, and Bynum stepped between them to break them up.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5528112/2024/05/30/vikings-otas-jj-mccarthy-dalton-risner/

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

Jordan Addison, on coaching from Keenan McCardell: 

"He took my game to the next level within one year, so I give all my praise to him, and I'm just gonna keep working. Last year, I wasn't as confident in my releases. I wasn't being decisive. I didn't have a plan when I was coming up to the line; I was kind of just freelancing, trying to do what I could do. Make something work. But now, like I said, it's my focus."

"I feel like it's been paying off. My work is showing out there. Having a plan once I get to the line, being decisive and just really making sure I'm locked into my release."

https://www.vikings.com/news/jordan-addison-2024-ota-offseason-work-outs

• Like 1

• VikeManDan changed the title to Mandatory Minicamp (6.4 - 6.6) | OTAs (6.10 - 6.13)