Mandatory Minicamp (6.4 - 6.6) | OTAs (6.10 - 6.13)

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

What kind of reps is McCarthy getting versus Darnold so far?

Considering he's high-fiving Nwangwu in the above clip, I'd imagine it's a lot of third-team reps.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, viking said:

Soooo Harry will be one of the first players to be cut. Vikings TE room is stacked.

WR room is pretty lackluster after Jefferson and Addison. We should cut Harry now and bring in a veteran WR

there are 30 other players (probably more) that you can cut before Harry, if you want to bring in a WR.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

yeah, this Harry thing is not consequential.

he'll either work out and become an asset at TE, or he won't and they'll cut him.

I can see Harry accepting another PS slot as a vet guy, since he's doing a position switch. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

there are 30 other players (probably more) that you can cut before Harry, if you want to bring in a WR.

Not 30 other TEs and WRs (the positions which Harry allegedly plays)

If he's not good enough to play receiver and he's TE7 on the depth chart why keep him around?

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Considering he's high-fiving Nwangwu in the above clip, I'd imagine it's a lot of third-team reps.

Bears twice brought in guys from outside so rookies could sit.

Both times vets got hurt and rookies got thrown to wolves in season without full offseason reps to help prepare.

It's a process that can theoretically work if your bridge vet stays healthy and/or plays well.  Otherwise it is giant waste of offseason.  

Sitting the first round rookie seems to work if there is a guy that has already been with team and had success.  Not so much when you bring in a journeyman vet to start in front of him as a bridge.

5 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I believe JJ and Hall are throwing to the second/third team.

yes. and we've also been told both qb's are in the huddle. one takes the snap and the other stands back and observes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

yes. and we've also been told both qb's are in the huddle. one takes the snap and the other stands back and observes.

And as much as I want to see JJ out there with the first team, I’m glad they are not rushing him. In fact, I’d be happy with Darnold starting the entire 2024 season. JJ can sit back and learn, work on his mechanics and learn the NFL game. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, viking said:

Not 30 other TEs and WRs (the positions which Harry allegedly plays)

If he's not good enough to play receiver and he's TE7 on the depth chart why keep him around?

Because it's June. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

Because it's June. 

Great time to bring in a potential contributor at the TE position rather than a bust WR that's never played the position

3 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Well, they did. His name is Robert Tonyan. 

Alec Lewis

@alec_lewis

Robert Tonyan has looked great in minicamp. No hyperbole. Catching everything, snagged multiple passes in red-zone period today, outstretched arms, toe-tapping in corner of the end zone. Just impressive.

3:21 PM · Jun 5, 2024

·

I guess I dont know how to copy and paste embedded tweets anymore.

• Like 1