2024 Schedule Release - Week 1 vs NYJ on MNF - No UK game

Posted (edited)

The schedule will be released sometime "soon". It typically happens around this time of the year. 

I will edit this point with the schedule when it comes out, but in the meantime, I saw this: 

It could be something unrelated, but I took this to mean there will be an announcement soon that we play a game in the UK or Ireland. One of our international "territories" is the UK, and obviously the yorks own Leeds United, so it's only a matter of time. 

This year is when the NFC has an additional "home" game so it would make sense one of those games would be in London. 

Not going to lie, I hate it. Too much travel as it's a 10ish hour flight. Not good for recovery after a game. There is a non 0 chance the game would be at 6am local time because I have no faith in the NFL to actually do the right thing for the fans. 

Plus, one less home game to go to? Yuck. I get why, and hey, I want them to spend money like they have an unlimited amount and the salary cap is fake, so maybe this type of thing just comes with the territory of that, but still. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 3

it's super dumb.  I hate to sound overly pessimistic, but this team is already gonna get worn out with all the football they've played.  An injury year feels like it's on the horizon (knock on wood).  

4 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

From a personal POV though, I'd move heaven and earth to be there lol.

Totally! I'm sure it won't be easy/cheap, but if I was a European die-hard such as yourself, I would absolutely do what I could to go. Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

The opponents this year are pretty brutal. 

Before the season starts, it has to be one of the hardest slates in the league. 

Here are the opponents: 

Home:

Bears

Lions

Jets

Patriots 

Chiefs

Cowboys

(divisional)

Away:

Packers

Vikings

Dolphins

Bills

Bucs 

(divisional)

Pretty brutal. Vikings Patriots are the worst teams we will play all year. The rest are all good football teams.

Those home games are all very juicy. I would hate to give up home games against KC, DAL, and DET. NYJ means another game of rodgers playing in NorCal. NE is not a juicy enough to put as an international game imo. Ultimately, I think CHI would be the game I would be ok with losing as a home game, even though it would be cool to see Caleb in person. 

Thinking about this more. If we play an international game in London, perhaps it would be before/after a game against the vikings or bills. It would cut back on the travel.

I would also think that it would make sense to stay in FL (or WV again) between the dolphins and bucs games. Or we could stay in Youngstown between playing the packers and the vikings (or any combination of the vikings, bills, packers)

Also - typing this out makes me realize that the Chiefs are our "17th game" this year. Of all the teams we could have played.... 

Such a gauntlet. Really makes you realize how hard it is to get back to the SB. Might have been our best shot last year... 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, N4L said:

Such a gauntlet. Really makes you realize how hard it is to get back to the SB. Might have been our best shot last year... 

It definitely was.  Not saying they can't go back, but there will be way more ups and downs and overcoming the odds.  Last year they had injury luck, homefield advantage in every round, etc.  It will take a ton of guts and heart to get back there.   I have no doubt that Shanahan and Brock can get back there, but it might take 3-4 years.  It's freaking hard. 

that schedule is absolutely killer, sheesh.  They will need some breaks to go their way.  

Edited by WhyAmIHere

I hate the London game and hope it comes before the bye week.

Other schedule wants:

-Miami not in September and definitely not both Miami and Tampa Bay in September 

-Green Bay not in December/January 

-Green Bay/Minnesota back to back would be lovely, but not in December.

These are my potential road trips this year and they are all climate-permitting. The wife and I are inside humans, so weathers are scary.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2024 at 10:45 AM, N4L said:

The schedule will be released sometime "soon". It typically happens around this time of the year. 

I will edit this point with the schedule when it comes out, but in the meantime, I saw this: 

It could be something unrelated, but I took this to mean there will be an announcement soon that we play a game in the UK or Ireland. One of our international "territories" is the UK, and obviously the yorks own Leeds United, so it's only a matter of time. 

This year is when the NFC has an additional "home" game so it would make sense one of those games would be in London. 

Not going to lie, I hate it. Too much travel as it's a 10ish hour flight. Not good for recovery after a game. There is a non 0 chance the game would be at 6am local time because I have no faith in the NFL to actually do the right thing for the fans. 

Plus, one less home game to go to? Yuck. I get why, and hey, I want them to spend money like they have an unlimited amount and the salary cap is fake, so maybe this type of thing just comes with the territory of that, but still. 

Its gotta be more than that isn't it? I flew from Scotland to Philly and it was 14 hours I thought (2004 timeframe, might be some timezone shenanigans in there) Also not the same thing but a couple of years ago I went to Thailand and it was 24ish hours flight time if memory serves. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Its gotta be more than that isn't it? I flew from Scotland to Philly and it was 14 hours I thought (2004 timeframe, might be some timezone shenanigans in there) Also not the same thing but a couple of years ago I went to Thailand and it was 24ish hours flight time if memory serves. 

SFO to London is roughly 10 hours. They fly very far north, nearly to the north pole, and it is more direct than you would think.

General rule of thumb for flights from SFO: 5 hours to Hawaii. 5 Hours to the east coast. 10-11 hours to Europe. Pretty sure most of Europe is roughly 5 hours from the north east coast. 

I believe you are mistaken regarding Scotland to Philly being 14 hours. You may be thinking that it was 14 hours ahead local time from when you took off, idk. 

London is 9 hours ahead of the west coast. 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

SFO to London is roughly 10 hours. They fly very far north, nearly to the north pole, and it is more direct than you would think.

General rule of thumb for flights from SFO: 5 hours to Hawaii. 5 Hours to the east coast. 10-11 hours to Europe. Pretty sure most of Europe is roughly 5 hours from the north east coast. 

I believe you are mistaken regarding Scotland to Philly being 14 hours. You may be thinking that it was 14 hours ahead local time from when you took off, idk. 

London is 9 hours ahead of the west coast. 

It is the same going to Thailand (from Minnesota), going up to the north pole or the artic circle anyway. It is quite possible it was the local time thing for the trip from Scotland, that is the direction going to add time to your route.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, straighthate said:

They’ll play Minnesota in London. Hate it. Wanted to go to the Vikings game to see that stadium but looks like that’s gonna have to wait. 

Same page here - was very excited for the Minnesota game and will be very unhappy to lose that one.

Seems as though Kittle is insinuating the niners will play the jets week 1 at home. 

My guess is SNF. They will put Rodgers on primetime if it's against us week 1 

• Like 2

• N4L changed the title to 2024 Schedule Release - Week 1 vs NYJ on MNF - No UK game