Raider Offseason Workouts (Rookie minicamp, OTAs & more)

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Ok thanks for correcting that, I was wondering why that was as he clearly looked better at OT to me!

Yeah Mumford has been getting all the reps at RT and been looking good apparently no one has even mounted a challenge yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Yeah Mumford has been getting all the reps at RT and been looking good apparently no one has even mounted a challenge yet.

To be fair, who's going to challenge him? The roster is thin at OT and Glaze is a rookie. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Interesting. Tyree is never going to get far with his hips and spine that high, good for him to be working with a guy like Crosby though, if he can’t learn from Maxx then he’s not going to.

Yea it’s an improvement but where he started at anything is better. Not tryna hate but being that tall he’s gotta learn to bend. I’d have him on cage drills teach him to fire out his stance low. Especially with his arm length he would dominate if he could stay low. He looks like a te.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Tyree looked extremely stiff there. 😂

This is a combine drill too which is why I kinda frown on guys who don’t participate in the combine drills esp dline. He would’ve got exposed after a few reps in this drill easily 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea it’s an improvement but where he started at anything is better. Not tryna hate but being that tall he’s gotta learn to bend. I’d have him on cage drills teach him to fire out his stance low. Especially with his arm length he would dominate if he could stay low. He looks like a te.

Totally agree. He should have been working on that hip flexibility every day of off season. That should be a relatively easy fix, little concerned after a whole season he’s still way, way too high. Leverage is the first thing you learn isn’t it??

15 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Interesting. Tyree is never going to get far with his hips and spine that high, good for him to be working with a guy like Crosby though, if he can’t learn from Maxx then he’s not going to.

I understand what you’re saying, but they have two totally different styles Maxx  is speed, Tyree is power( think of someone like reggie White. He wasn’t the fastest but his power made up for it.)

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Totally agree. He should have been working on that hip flexibility every day of off season. That should be a relatively easy fix, little concerned after a whole season he’s still way, way too high. Leverage is the first thing you learn isn’t it??

Yea and honestly coaches especially dline focus on the first three steps. And he’s almost completely upright after the third step. That’s not gonna work 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I understand what you’re saying, but they have two totally different styles Maxx  is speed, Tyree is power( think of someone like reggie White. He wasn’t the fastest but his power made up for it.)

Even reggie white had supreme leverage technique tho. he was the ultimate dlineman with tons of tools. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Oh, I don’t disagree with that, but to harness power you still need leverage. Watch the old videos of Reggie White or Howie Long, perfect example. All the strength in the world means very little if he’s too high, not able to leverage and off balance. 

I’m 6’1 and 230 and I played DE in our little team. Luckily, I was able to get low and was quite explosive when I was younger and I was able time and again to get under much, much bigger tackles and make them look foolish. Leverage is not everything, but it’s a massive, massive advantage and can accentuate the skills and strengths Wilson has got. I wish I’d see better body positioning from him as he’s got huge potential.

16 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I like it when players take up yoga. It helps flexability which also might help reduce soft tissue injuries. Not sure about being able to keep excess weight for power. For me,  I saw the excess pounds melt off but my muscles got fuller and I stayed as strong but went from 240 to 220 @ 6'0 The nice thing is there's usually attractive women to motive you to go every week. I was going twice a week before Covid haven't done it much as my gym doesn't offer it since then. 

• Like 1