Malik Nabers V Rome Odunze

…  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be considered the Best WR after their careers are over

• Malik Nabers
    • Rome Odunze

11 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

if he had Herbert like they should have done. 

His ceiling is somewhere between Chase and Jefferson 

Chase > Nabers in terms of ceiling. Chase hasn't reached his ceiling IMO.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Nabers will "bust" for the first 3 years while they continue to try to make Daniel Jones a thing, he will request a trade and become a consistent 75 catch 1300 yard guy for the rest of his career.

The Giants tried to move on from Daniel Jones this year. What makes you think he is going to last another 3 years?

21 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Does Odunze have an injury history or something?

No.2 or No.3 WR as a rookie and the bears have a long history of struggling to develop a prime no.1 WR. Plus depending on D.J Moore he might be the no.2 WR for a long time.

Brian Thomas Jr will out produce both, though to the actual question, I’ll go Rome.

I’ve seen the explosive guys go to the league and with better athletes not work. Odunze with his size, length, agility, and catch point skills will be able to produce for any QB and be a consistent 70 recs, 1000 yds, 7 tds caliber WR in the league. Give or take. I could see him with career peaks around 105 recs, 1500 yds, and 12 TDs. But I’d be willing to bank on him being a consistent 1000 yd producer for at least 7-8 years in the league.

Nabers ability is tied to his explosion, I could see a couple 1200 yd seasons early in his career and then an injury that robs him of some explosion and then he fizzles out some.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, minutemancl said:

The Giants tried to move on from Daniel Jones this year. What makes you think he is going to last another 3 years?

I'm sure he'll have another stellar 15 TD 5 INT season with 6.6 YPA with a bad OL that will convince them to give him another shot.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

I'm sure he'll have another stellar 15 TD 5 INT season with 6.6 YPA with a bad OL that will convince them to give him another shot.

Does that include 700 rushing yards and 7 rushing TDs? Cause if so... sign me up...

I voted Nabers because I think Daboll and Kafka are going to design their whole offensive scheme around him. Either by motion, lining up in the backfield, WR screens, or just trying to get him in space.. if they don't force feed him the ball they are incompetent and deserve to be fired. So by default even if the Giants record is sub .500 I think Nabers will easily be the ROTY

Edited by Shockwave

9 hours ago, Danger said:

Chase > Nabers in terms of ceiling. Chase hasn't reached his ceiling IMO.

How many years are we going to say this? What’s his ceiling? 1800 yards? I’m a huge Homer and Cincy D rider. I think they’ll smash the chiefs anywhere and anytime. But he’s going into his 4th year: what is he exactly? There’s guys putting up numbers year in and out without missing a beat. Why are we rewarding potential over production? 

If Nabers gets 1500 yards does he become better? If Nabers gets 1200 yards is he tied with him? Despite having a massive drop off in QB play. What are the semantics in which they are equal! From a physical stand point Nabers. nabers looks to have it all. Speed, size and skill… Chase hasn’t topped his rookie year. We have to reward progression not regression. 

14 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Why not? Let's have your deep dive

Not a deep dive, I just thought both were a little overhyped throughout the draft process, particularly Nabers. I’d be excited to have either as WR1s, I just don’t view them as sure-things that other people seem to. Again, particularly Nabers, who I think got overrated in the speed/physicality department.

Not as much a projection that either won’t be able to do/develop XYZ skills at the next level, just that I thought watching them in college that they got reviewed as prospects rather generously. 

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

How many years are we going to say this? What’s his ceiling? 1800 yards? I’m a huge Homer and Cincy D rider. I think they’ll smash the chiefs anywhere and anytime. But he’s going into his 4th year: what is he exactly? There’s guys putting up numbers year in and out without missing a beat. Why are we rewarding potential over production? 

If Nabers gets 1500 yards does he become better? If Nabers gets 1200 yards is he tied with him? Despite having a massive drop off in QB play. What are the semantics in which they are equal! From a physical stand point Nabers. nabers looks to have it all. Speed, size and skill… Chase hasn’t topped his rookie year. We have to reward progression not regression. 

Chase > Nabers

all there is to it fam

14 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Does that include 700 rushing yards and 7 rushing TDs? Cause if so... sign me up...

I voted Nabers because I think Daboll and Kafka are going to design their whole offensive scheme around him. Either by motion, lining up in the backfield, WR screens, or just trying to get him in space.. if they don't force feed him the ball they are incompetent and deserve to be fired. So by default even if the Giants record is sub .500 I think Nabers will easily be the ROTY

Unfortunately OROTY has become like MVP, where if there is a QB in the running, it is almost impossible to beat them.

But Shock is absolutely right, Nabers is going to line up everywhere and is as close to QB proof as you can get. Daniel Jones is not good, but he's clearly better than Zach Wilson and whoever/whatever else the Jets were throwing out there the last 2 years- Naber's floor of production IMO is somewhere around Garrett Wilson's last 2 years. Something like 1000 yards and 4 TDs should be expected from him at a minimum.

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Not sure how anyone could say this definitively, in either direction, given how similar they are as prospects.

Chase has a higher ceiling than anyone since Calvin Johnson if you ask me. Justin Jefferson is just something different and he just went through any sort of projected ceiling anyone had.