Didn't make playoffs in 2023, will make them in 2024

Hunter2_1

Which teams that weren't in the playoffs last season...  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Make it in this season?

• Cincinnati Bengals
    • New York Jets
    • LA Chargers
    • LV Raiders
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Arizona Cardinals
    • Atlanta Falcons
    • Chicago Bears
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • New York Giants
    • Other(s)

14 hours ago, Danger said:

Y'all overestimating the Falcons, I see no reason why they don't still have that Anti-Clutch gene in them. Arthur Smith was a problem, but he was a symptom not the cause. 

That team is not gonna do anything with the current Front Office and culture they have in place.

Considering 5-6 losses last year were due to just dumb turnovers at the QB position, And that position has been vastly improved this year, I think that's why we think they're going to have a better record. 

Oh, and the division isn't very good. 

The culture isn't the issue here. The HC will improve that culture too. And Fontenot might make picks that are different than what you would, but that doesn't make him inept.

21 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Considering 5-6 losses last year were due to just dumb turnovers at the QB position, And that position has been vastly improved this year, I think that's why we think they're going to have a better record. 

The culture isn't the issue here. The HC will improve that culture too. And Fontenot might make picks that are different than what you would, but that doesn't make him inept.

You're not gonna convince me until you're actually in the playoffs, whether that's 2024 or 2034.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

And apparently you have the easiest schedule. 

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

And apparently you have the easiest schedule. 

We'll see how they structure it first. Last year, we had like 6 teams off byes. That didn't help.

49 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Can LAC finally step up and make it hard for KC in that division?

Nope.

They'll be less stupid of a team with Harbaugh in charge now. But I don't think that rebuild is close to complete, though. They need another year to build back up. 2025 is more likely. I should be used to people talking themselves into the Chargers every offseason, but it is a little weird to me that their offseason was basically dumping all of their skill position guys, and then the draft, and people are sold already. There were some moves in there they had to make, but it doesn't exactly scream one year turnaround, to me. Hell, they were worse than Denver and Las Vegas last year. Got analytics nerds getting excited that they're talking about going ground and pound with Gus Edwards. I don't really get it. Still feels like Justin Herbert in a very incomplete team, to me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Nope.

They'll be less stupid of a team with Harbaugh in charge now. But I don't think that rebuild is close to complete, though. They need another year to build back up. 2025 is more likely. I should be used to people talking themselves into the Chargers every offseason, but it is a little weird to me that their offseason was basically dumping all of their skill position guys, and then the draft, and people are sold already. There were some moves in there they had to make, but it doesn't exactly scream one year turnaround, to me. Hell, they were worse than Denver and Las Vegas last year. Got analytics nerds getting excited that they're talking about going ground and pound with Gus Edwards. I don't really get it. Still feels like Justin Herbert in a very incomplete team, to me.

Yeah mostly agreed. Very incomplete. I would think the defense is going to improve a bit though under a tighter ship, even though coordinator inexperienced as a DC at this level 

19 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Nope.

If we aren't used to it by now we never will be. People have been getting excited about how great the Chargers are looking and ignoring all the other (often large) flaws with the team for the majority of the last 20 years. The media fascination and fawning, which hasn't changed even in spite of LAC sharing a division with the best team in the league for the past 5 seasons, is so bizarre.

I think my Washington Commanders could surprise, depending on if the O-line holds up & Jayden Daniels is the real deal.

I'm not going to predict any record right now, but I think the roster was better in 2023, than how the season unfolded with a lame duck coaching staff & owner. Although, you are what your record is? 

Add a great draft including a potential star Franchise QB in JD, Dan Quinn as Coach who will have that Defense playing up to potential, including the FA additions & upgrades on Offense as well?

I see no reason why Washington can't do what the Houston Texans did last season & that's win 10 games with rookie C.J. Stroud.

Because personally ...I believe Washington has more overall talent, than the Texans.

But, they also play in a tougher Division in the NFC East.

Having said that? Washington only has to truly challenge the Giants & Eagles for the NFC East crown if history continues repeating itself, like it has for 20 years.

Cliff Kingsberry also about to get creative in an offense with lots of weapons now.

I don't believe Washington will be doormats this season & also fully expect them to get at least 3 to 4 primetime games, proving the NFL feels the same way I do.

....and that's Washington gonna be a tougher team to play, than what opposing fans will believe they will be.

"Dumbfounded" is the appropriate word here.

From Owner change on down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think my Washington Commanders could surprise, depending on if the O-line holds up & Jayden Daniels is the real deal.

I'm not going to predict any record right now, but I think the roster was better in 2023, than how the season unfolded with a lame duck coaching staff & owner. Although, you are what your record is? 

Add a great draft including a potential star Franchise QB in JD, Dan Quinn as Coach who will have that Defense playing up to potential, including the FA additions & upgrades on Offense as well?

I see no reason why Washington can't do what the Houston Texans did last season & that's win 10 games with rookie C.J. Stroud.

Because personally ...I believe Washington has more overall talent, than the Texans.

But, they also play in a tougher Division in the NFC East.

Having said that? Washington only has to truly challenge the Giants & Eagles for the NFC East crown if history continues repeating itself, like it has for 20 years.

Cliff Kingsberry also about to get creative in an offense with lots of weapons now.

I don't believe Washington will be doormats this season & also fully expect them to get at least 3 to 4 primetime games, proving the NFL feels the same way I do.

....and that's Washington gonna be a tougher team to play, than what opposing fans will believe they will be.

"Dumbfounded" is the appropriate word here.

From Owner change on down. 

Washington should get better and better as the stench from Daniel Snyder fades.

57 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

What did the Packers do to get ousted by the Bears? 

I think an argument can be made the Bears got substantially better while the Packers got marginally better. We only won two more games last year, it's not like they went 4-13.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I think an argument can be made the Bears got substantially better while the Packers got marginally better. We only won two more games last year, it's not like they went 4-13.

There's a saying about off seasons, if you're not getting better, you're going backwards because the rest of the teams in the league are making moves to improve. Dallas is definitely a good look at this sort of outlook this year. They didn't lose a too much, but they did nothing to get better at all.