2024 Washington Training Camp Discussion/Videos

It was nice to see nobody overreacting to a practice. I’m happy they looked like a team that is exactly where they are. The Jets have built a talented roster with Stars throughout to take the leap. Were a team coming off of 4 years of no development.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

It was nice to see nobody overreacting to a practice. I’m happy they looked like a team that is exactly where they are. The Jets have built a talented roster with Stars throughout to take the leap. Were a team coming off of 4 years of no development.

With that said, they completely dropped the ball when it comes to the OL and corner. 

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

With that said, they completely dropped the ball when it comes to the OL and corner. 

I mean its year one. I mean i know we all can point things but if we went other ways we’d say that they passed on this or that elsewhere

• Like 1

I know its been along time to celebrate anything here. And we have a ways to go. But there are signs its growing. Luvu qnd the Dt’s are looking the part. Just give it some time.  Really good offseason after guaging this team on the field and we could be miles ahead of even our own opinion of the roster by then. Just enjoy the signs things off the field are coming to par and maybe that harbors a quicker gel. Because were going to rely on a ton of youth at key spots and a few salavge projects maybe something clicks somewhere later. Better times are coming fellas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I mean its year one. I mean i know we all can point things but if we went other ways we’d say that they passed on this or that elsewhere

It’s year one and we had a ton of cap space and a bunch of draft choices and still went the cheaper route with the OL. The OL was tackled nearly identical to the way Rivera did it. We had 3 second round picks and not one was spent on an OL. And yes, I’m still extremely annoyed by the Newton pick even though he’s a very good player. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It’s year one and we had a ton of cap space and a bunch of draft choices and still went the cheaper route with the OL. The OL was tackled nearly identical to the way Rivera did it. We had 3 second round picks and not one was spent on an OL. And yes, I’m still extremely annoyed by the Newton pick even though he’s a very good player.

I get it trust mw i hate not having a Trent and Brandon and especially Morgan Moses. Like we have sucked under Snyder but those staffs always had good OL players. I believe this staff will get too And yes, I’m still extremely annoyed by the Newton pick even though he’s a very good player.and most at RT. This upcoming class is much more proven so i do like that for this upcoming class

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 9:36 PM, lavar703 said:

3/5 of our starting OL didn’t practice and it was a down pour which obviously gives the advantage to the pass rushers.

yesterday in the actual game the OL didn’t perform that poorly especially when Jay was in there and our top 3 OTs didn’t play.

There’s not one 2nd round pick we took that I’d replace at this point with the OL which was available. They also really like Brandon Coleman a lot and he may be a 3rd round steal.

Let’s see how this plays out. 

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

What a difference a year and a new administration makes where D. Brown is looking better than J. Dotson at this point. 

How is Dyami Brown looking better than Dotson?

To my knowledge, Jahan is playing as he's expected to play and is clearly WR2, while Dyami is finally rescuing his potential and looking like he will finally be WR3.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

How is Dyami Brown looking better than Dotson?

To my knowledge, Jahan is playing as he's expected to play and is clearly WR2, while Dyami is finally rescuing his potential and looking like he will finally be WR3.

From what I read the coaching staff are liking Dyami. Not helping Jahan bobbling the balls thrown to him. I like Jahan and think he’s talented but he has to show out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

From what I read the coaching staff are liking Dyami. Not helping Jahan bobbling the balls thrown to him. I like Jahan and think he’s talented but he has to show out. 

It's one of those things that I won't believe until I see it. One guy (Jahan) has made plays in NFL regular season games his 1st two years. Dyami flashes but has yet to be consistent a lot in games.

I’m hopeful that Dyami does play up to his ability bc then our passing attack should be good. I don't really question Jahan at least being a 60 rec guy for a handful of TDs.

I’m certainly not sure Dyami can do that off of practice reports & 1 preseason catch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Don't let Dyami Brown lure you back in with his occasional game breaking one handed catches because he will only let you down with easy drops and limitations to go routes only.  He is a mirage.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

Don't let Dyami Brown lure you back in with his occasional game breaking one handed catches because he will only let you down with easy drops and limitations to go routes only.  He is a mirage.

I mean that was a catch or PI. So really that’s a good play either way. He looks a lot better on routes and he’s our best putside blocker. Burners take time to translate sometimes. Even Jamison Williams has had a similar trajectory and he was a first round pick.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

He’s got to prove it.  I have no problem with him getting some run as the #3.  Again, we’re trying to establish a new culture here and build up to being a contender by Year 3.  

• Like 1