2024 Washington Training Camp Discussion/Videos

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

we are Vikings. we plunder, we pillage, we interrupt.

you guys command.... what? sewage overflows?

You guys are just following our path of sewage.  It was what, 6 years ago we didn't resign cousins because he cost to much and wasn't quite good enough.  You guys did the same.  If this tracks the same, you guys should have 6 years of qb purgatory.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, offbyone said:

You guys are just following our path of sewage.  It was what, 6 years ago we didn't resign cousins because he cost to much and wasn't quite good enough.  You guys did the same.  If this tracks the same, you guys should have 6 years of qb purgatory.  

That being said, their last 6 years was far more exciting on offense than ours. I would’ve loved to see Kirk & Terry together. In 2020, 21 & 22 we had good defenses, it would’ve been interesting to see how many games we would’ve won with a great passing game w/ Kirk & a good D bc from 2015-2017 our D wasn’t even average.

My guess is if we had kept Kirk we would’ve won at least 1 playoff game & probably gone to the playoffs 3 times in those 6 years. It would’ve been far better than watching Alex Smith - even before he broke his leg - Mark Sanchez, Josh Johnson, Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Allen, Heinicke & Howell the last 6 years. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That being said, their last 6 years was far more exciting on offense than ours. I would’ve loved to see Kirk & Terry together. In 2020, 21 & 22 we had good defenses, it would’ve been interesting to see how many games we would’ve won with a great passing game w/ Kirk & a great D bc from 2015-2017 our D wasn’t even average.

My guess is if we had kept Kirk we would’ve won at least 1 playoff game & probably gone to the playoffs 3 times in those 6 years. It would’ve been far better than watching Alex Smith - even before he broke his leg - Mark Sanchez, Josh Johnson, Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Allen, Heinicke & Howell the last 6 years. 

I totally agree.  I don't think we would have been a top team, but we would have been a lot better and more fun to watch.  We likely would have found stinging disappointment in January, but I bet we would at least still be watching games that matter until then and heck that sounds fun to me.   

As you say it would have benefited the development of the entire offense and certainly guys like Terry.  I don't particularly think Terry is that old as others seem to.  Plus no major injuries.  Honestly, I would extend him 2 more years right now after a down season.  That being said, if Daniels doesn't work out, Terry might end up going through the prime of his career without an above average qb.  Honestly, even if Daniels works out, I am hesitant to believe a Kingsbury offense with a dual threat qb is going to really benefit the WRs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 15 O-linemen in camp unless we bring in anyone else. 
  • C Tyler Biadasz
  • C Ricky Stromberg
  • G Nick Allegretti
  • G Mason Brooks
  • G Sam Cosmi
  • G Michael Deiter
  • G Julian Good-Jones
  • G Chris Paul
  • T/G Andrew Wylie
  • T Alex Akingbulu
  • T Cornelius Lucas
  • T David Nwaogwugwu
  • T Trent Scott
  • T Brandon Coleman
  • T/G Braeden Daniels
  • How many OL will be making the Final 53?
  • Who will be on the final roster? 
  • Who will be on the PS?
  • Who will get cut?

Final Roster: Biadasz, Allegretti, Cosmi, Coleman, Lucas, Brooks, Paul, Wylie, Deiter

Practice Squad: Stromberg, Scott, Nwaogwugwu, Akingbulu

Cut: Good-Jones, Daniels 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:
  • C Tyler Biadasz
  • C Ricky Stromberg
  • G Nick Allegretti
  • G Mason Brooks
  • G Sam Cosmi
  • G Michael Deiter
  • G Julian Good-Jones
  • G Chris Paul
  • T/G Andrew Wylie
  • T Alex Akingbulu
  • T Cornelius Lucas
  • T David Nwaogwugwu
  • T Trent Scott
  • T Brandon Coleman
  • T/G Braeden Daniels
  • Who will be on the PS?
  • Who will get cut

15 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:
  • 15 O-linemen in camp unless we bring in anyone else. 
  • C Tyler Biadasz
  • C Ricky Stromberg
  • G Nick Allegretti
  • G Mason Brooks
  • G Sam Cosmi
  • G Michael Deiter
  • G Julian Good-Jones
  • G Chris Paul
  • T/G Andrew Wylie
  • T Alex Akingbulu
  • T Cornelius Lucas
  • T David Nwaogwugwu
  • T Trent Scott
  • T Brandon Coleman
  • T/G Braeden Daniels
  • Who will be on the PS?
  • Who will get cut?

Final Roster: Biadasz, Allegretti, Cosmi, Coleman, Lucas, Brooks, Paul, Wylie, Deiter

Practice Squad: Stromberg, Scott, Nwaogwugwu, Akingbulu

Cut: Good-Jones, Daniels 

LT: Lucas, Coleman

LG: Allegretti, Paul

C Biadasz, Stromberg

RG: Cosmi, Dieter

RT: Wylie, Scott

PS: Braeden Daniels, Mason Brooks, Alex Akingbulu

• 2 weeks later...

There are 2 drafted rookies and 2 undrafted rookies who I can’t wait to see play this preseason. 
Jordan Magee

Dominique Hampton

Tyler Owens

Chigozie Anusiem

I know I mentioned this before but the players that were drafted are so athletic which is a very welcomed change and hope it continues to be the norm especially in today’s game.

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Tyler Owens- barely played in college.  Seems very very average. What has you bird dogging him ??

Crazy athleticism and that there were other teams looking to sign him and Chigozie. Must be some reason they were sought after. 

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Crazy athleticism and that there were other teams looking to sign him and Chigozie. Must be some reason they were sought after. 

He has size and excellent speed- give you that much . Got hurt at the combine running the 40 and couldnt do several of the test/ drills . Glad you brought him to attention . I really didn't even recognise the name.