Jets 2024 General Talks

JetsandI

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

The thing I love about teams like the 49ers and Ravens is that they have an identity. No matter who is coaching, they know how they want to build their teams. They also have a high standard and culture. They're expecting to contend and rebuilds don't last too long. We lack that. 

I'm willing to stick around until the next coach is hired. Then I'm out. Almost 30 years is a nice run. I'm not going to have a team 

Great point. The great teams have that. Look at Pittsburgh as well. Dallas to an extent also. Seattle during the Carroll heats. We truly need a “program” but we keep looking for lightning in a bottle.

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Great point. The great teams have that. Look at Pittsburgh as well. Dallas to an extent also. Seattle during the Carroll heats. We truly need a “program” but we keep looking for lightning in a bottle.

Yeah, I've never seen those teams go off course. They find coaches that fit their identity, not the other way around.

Tomlin/Steelers are my favorite examples. Before getting hired, he was not the guy jets fans or many fans would have loved. Steelers saw something in him and picked him. He's been there for 18 years and never had a losing record. No matter how the roster looked. 

Ravens are the same. 2 losing seasons because of major injuries out of 17 years. The jets don't stand on business. 

10 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, I've never seen those teams go off course. They find coaches that fit their identity, not the other way around.

Tomlin/Steelers are my favorite examples. Before getting hired, he was not the guy jets fans or many fans would have loved. Steelers saw something in him and picked him. He's been there for 18 years and never had a losing record. No matter how the roster looked. 

Ravens are the same. 2 losing seasons because of major injuries out of 17 years. The jets don't stand on business. 

Damn Woody.😔

• Like 1

On 9/30/2024 at 3:45 PM, NYJets4716 said:

Yup, that is all this organization does. Helps other teams get their franchise player while we sit here looking incompetent every season. Absolutely tired of rooting for this team. Its the same nonsense every season. 15 years with no playoffs and no end in sight. 

It’s why those wins against teams like Houston last year always cost them dearly, I have no idea why Jets fans were still rooting for wins at that point 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Joe Douglas stand the hell up and come get Adams

I'd mortgage our future to try this - send a first for Adams but you take Hasaan (can't afford them both). Next year is already lost if we lose, so SB or bust.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'd mortgage our future to try this - send a first for Adams but you take Hasaan (can't afford them both). Next year is already lost if we lose, so SB or bust.

Adams isn't gonna be traded for a 1st. He is a 32 year old WR who is a potential rental for a team. Raiders will probably get mid round picks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Adams isn't gonna be traded for a 1st. He is a 32 year old WR who is a potential rental for a team. Raiders will probably get mid round picks. 

Even better. We just need another WR who's on Rodgers' page. I believe GW is elite, but he was lost on Sunday and that can't happen.

Sounds crazy but about 2-3 years ago, I had a dream that I was watching a Jets game and a WR built like Adams caught a deep post route pass. I couldn't see any details, but it seemed like Adams. I posted about it. 

It would be wild if it happened. Wilson could learn so much from Adams. 

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Do you think you guys would still be interested in trading for Adams?

I do. Williams is on a 1 year deal and slowly getting worked back in, Lazard is solid but won't take the pressure off anyone, and I always forget we drafted a WR. 

-Adams would provide a spark.

-take pressure off Wilson while giving him another person he could learn from. 

- Rodgers wanted him before and he's the only reason why our coach and GM have a job. If he still want him, we'll try. 

- this helps next season when Williams walk. 

Because we have Williams and Lazard, I don't think we're going to act desperate, but there is probably some fear after not being able to score against Denver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Because we have Williams and Lazard, I don't think we're going to act desperate, but there is probably some fear after not being able to score against Denver.

You guys have a super tough matchup against the Vikings this week. If your offense struggles again I could see them being a lot more motivated to try and get something done.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You guys have a super tough matchup against the Vikings this week. If your offense struggles again I could see them being a lot more motivated to try and get something done.

I think the Raiders missed the window. I think you guys will get a 4th round pick at best. His 25 mill contract for a 32 year old WR is a big thing to over come. I think the Raiders are trying to get a bid war going but it will not happen. I think KC would be a great fit but the Raiders would never make that trade. You are really down to the Jets and maybe Dallas. Remember Adams has to agree to it too. 

• Like 1