Titans OTA/Training Camp Thread

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

narveson to the packers, man i'm gonna be sick if he ends up being good lol

i would be sick, too, and the leg power is obviously a big part of what made him intruiging

but i feel like we didn't hear about him really putting on a show in TC the way we heard about Stonehouse. I could be wrong, but the only time I recall hearing about him during the offseason was when he hit the 58/9 yarder against seattle. He didn't seem to force the staff's hand the way Stonehouse did

he may end up being an all-pro and we'll hate our lives for cutting him, but solely via twitter tracking it didn't seem like he was really killing it (i could've missed something)

7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

i would be sick, too, and the leg power is obviously a big part of what made him intruiging

but i feel like we didn't hear about him really putting on a show in TC the way we heard about Stonehouse. I could be wrong, but the only time I recall hearing about him during the offseason was when he hit the 58/9 yarder against seattle. He didn't seem to force the staff's hand the way Stonehouse did

he may end up being an all-pro and we'll hate our lives for cutting him, but solely via twitter tracking it didn't seem like he was really killing it (i could've missed something)

that's right, one of the broadway sports guys even went so far as to say narveson had been pretty bad in camp and the preseason performance came out of nowhere. entirely possible that could be a little flash in the pan and the last we hear of the guy. also entirely possible that that in-game confidence boost is just what he needed to get himself right, and he ends up killing it. kicking is weird and finicky like that. i can't fault the staff for going with the surer thing, but after all our kicking woes it'd just be a bummer to miss out on a young strong leg who could hold down the fort for years.

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

that's right, one of the broadway sports guys even went so far as to say narveson had been pretty bad in camp and the preseason performance came out of nowhere. entirely possible that could be a little flash in the pan and the last we hear of the guy. also entirely possible that that in-game confidence boost is just what he needed to get himself right, and he ends up killing it. kicking is weird and finicky like that. i can't fault the staff for going with the surer thing, but after all our kicking woes it'd just be a bummer to miss out on a young strong leg who could hold down the fort for years.

Psycho alt universe

Naverson hits the 58 yarder vs NO and makes the team

Odukoya is cut because he never got the chance to make the hustle play

Fortunately (famous last word) we have Folk who is as steady as they get inside 50. We need a boomstick sooner than later, tho, so hopefully we can find that guy next year

• Like 1